Are you really that horrible? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Are you really that horrible?

touborg

Board Linebacker
Reaction score
Being a Miami fan is always nice, because good players like Edge talk about playing here. Now in Buffalo it's completely different, because not only do players not want to go there, but it seems like coaches are now a problem aswell:

MULARKEY DECISION FUELED BY STAFF CONCERNS

Speaking of the challenges of putting together a coaching staff, we're hearing that one of the big reasons for Mike Mularkey's decision to quit the job in Buffalo was his inability to find someone/anyone who was interested in replacing the various coaches who were recently fired by the Bills.

With openings at offensive coordinator, offensive line coach, defensive line coach, linebackers coach, and defensive backs coach, Mularkey was swinging and whiffing in his efforts to fill the jobs.

A big part of the problem is that Mularkey was seen as being under a one-year, playoffs-or-else mandate, and guys with other options aren't going to choose to uproot their families for what could be a twelve-month stay in Western New York. In fact, we've heard that some of the candidates didn't even return Mularkey's calls.

So maybe the "family considerations" Mularkey cited when quitting were accurate, after all. If he had stayed, he might have been forced to put the wife and kids to work on the defensive side of the ball.

Edit: Article from http://www.profootballtalk.com

touborg said:
Being a Miami fan is always nice, because good players like Edge talk about playing here. Now in Buffalo it's completely different, because not only do players not want to go there, but it seems like coaches are now a problem aswell:

:sidelol: :sidelol: :sidelol: I feel sorry for Mularkey but thats just sad!

Where's that from?

Histerical if true. And for the record, I fully believe that it's true.

phinphanphrommi said:
Where's that from?

Histerical if true. And for the record, I fully believe that it's true.

Link added.

And for the record, I also fully believe that is true
:)

I think Marv Levy will be the Bill's Coach and GM next year. :D

Roman529 said:
I think Marv Levy will be the Bill's Coach and GM next year. :D

And offensive coordinator... and line coach... and....

Damnit... he just keeled over. NOW what are they gonna do?

Players don't want to come to Buffalo?

Free agents who came to Buffalo:
Takeo Spikes
London Fletcher
Lawyer Milloy
Troy Vincent
Sam Adams
Chris Villarial
Kelly Holcomb

Since when is PFT a reliable source? LOL

B-LO said:
Players don't want to come to Buffalo?

Free agents who came to Buffalo:
Takeo Spikes
London Fletcher
Lawyer Milloy
Troy Vincent
Sam Adams
Chris Villarial
Kelly Holcomb
He said GOOD players. There is a reason why your team has averaged only 6 wins over the past five seasons and only and had one winning season since 1999.

Spikes and Fletcher both are outstanding players. It's been a few years since they signed on, though, ain't it? Honestly, with the turmoil in Buff, if I were a player, unless I was looking for a one year deal, I wouldn't sign.

Let me rephrase that for him....When was the last time a Takeo type FA signed with Miami?

Back
Top Bottom