Are you upset that Berlin got cut? | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Are you upset that Berlin got cut?

i was scared every time you threw the ball at the U.

its fine he got cut.

sage is a good thrid string qb.

im shocked he dones't get the chance to start.

darkmistress said:
So that would mean good things for Brock then had he stayed on the team?

That just means he may not have been a total failure just because he was undrafted. and you said undrafted qbs don't normally work out. i was just pointing out sometimes they do.

PatsSuck456 said:
I know there was a ****load of people on the Berlin Bandwagon, and I am just wondering who here is upset that he got cut? I dont give a damn, the only reason he looked good is because he played against back ups.

Who is Berlin? lol

Nah he did allright, someone will pick him up.

godfater21 said:
That just means he may not have been a total failure just because he was undrafted. and you said undrafted qbs don't normally work out. i was just pointing out sometimes they do.

I didn't stereotype undrafted players/QBs as failures. I said undrafted QBs rarely, if ever work out. So I go back to my original post of why people were expecting Brock to be capable of playing at a level higher than he should have to. He was undrafted, so why should he be expected to be able to play at the level of Alex Smith or Aaron Rogers? He should only have to play at the level of fellow undrafted players at which he did and excelled. If he was known to be capable of playing at a starter or second string level he would not have gone undrafted in the first place.

But it doesn't matter because he's gone now, if he makes the PS then great if not then he'll just have to succeed somewhere else.

darkmistress said:
I didn't stereotype undrafted players/QBs as failures. I said undrafted QBs rarely, if ever work out. So I go back to my original post of why people were expecting Brock to be capable of playing at a level higher than he should have to. He was undrafted, so why should he be expected to be able to play at the level of Alex Smith or Aaron Rogers? He should only have to play at the level of fellow undrafted players at which he did and excelled. If he was known to be capable of playing at a starter or second string level he would not have gone undrafted in the first place.

But it doesn't matter because he's gone now, if he makes the PS then great if not then he'll just have to succeed somewhere else.

1. I know you said undrafted Qbs rarely work out. on my second post i acknowledged that fact. i also listed two cases where it work out and it worked quite well.

2. Again just because a player goes undrafted doesn't mean they will not play at a high level. it sometimes means the scouting report was wrong.

godfater21 said:
1. I know you said undrafted Qbs rarely work out. on my second post i acknowledged that fact. i also listed two cases where it work out and it worked quite well.

2. Again just because a player goes undrafted doesn't mean they will not play at a high level. it sometimes means the scouting report was wrong.

Again...I never said undrafted players don't work out or can't be any good just because they are undrafted...I'm talking about their expectations...

Upset - 4th string QB cut?

...it's mouse manure. He may make the practice squad and eventually develop into an NFL QB but a UDFA he was never gonna have an impact on this team in the near future. Sad if he ends up waiting tables as someone who follows UM but that's life. He never exactly lit it up at the U.

i was so upset i concidered becoming a jills fan! we ALL thought he was the next payton manning ready to take over the nfl

godfater21 said:
Why do people keep bringing up the fact that he was undrafted? undrafted players do have success in this league you know, just look at priest holmes.

Because thats the exception, not the rule.

For every Priest Holmes there are hundreds of undrafted players that turn out to be just what the scouts deemed them to be......not good enough for the NFL. It was, and still is remotely possible (very remotely) that Berlin would turn out to be a great NFL QB, but the odds are stacked so high against him that it really should be no surprise whatsover that he couldnt make the team. In fact, it would have been a huge surprise if he DID make the team.

I wanted Adrian McPherson.

If the Phins are gonna develop a project...why not pick one with the tools, arm and feet?

All the QB's that have been through the franchise, not even including the free agent signings who never made the roster, I don't think McPherson was a longshot to make the team.

We need a QB of the future.

Berlin would be a good candidate for NFL Europe to develop and get another shot.

I liked Brock, but he needs a year on the PS, hopefully we can get him on there.

I think theres a reason to be bummed everytime single time we cut a young player who never gets a chance. Especially a hometown guy.

Back
Top Bottom