Aren't we normaly talking about free agency and the draft in december? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Aren't we normaly talking about free agency and the draft in december?

every one but ours

Here is the deal IMO. Joe has done a terrific job keeping the team together. The coaching staff was slow to adjustments in terms of fixing issues during the year. What he would call "being committed, I would call being stubborn". His in game adjustments (unlike this past week) have been below average. Finally, blowing three (and losing two) double digit leads in the second half has to be on the staff somewhat.

He has a huge task this week to get the team ready to play after a big win, on the road in a tough environment against a good team. That is a tough task. However, if he did a better job versus Buffalo or the likes of Tampa before or found ways to finish the Patriots and Panthers, he might not "need" this game.

thing about the postseason is usually a team riding a hot streak goes far in em...and miami has to be one of the hottest teams in football right now...if we get there this seasons an absolute success for me but who knows maybe we can do some damage there in the process...only 2 places i really don't want to go is baltimore and denver

win a wild card game though and it's denver here we come...

well, we would get Denver just at the right time. January...

---------- Post added at 04:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:19 PM ----------

Here is the deal IMO. Joe has done a terrific job keeping the team together. The coaching staff was slow to adjustments in terms of fixing issues during the year. What he would call "being committed, I would call being stubborn". His in game adjustments (unlike this past week) have been below average. Finally, blowing three (and losing two) double digit leads in the second half has to be on the staff somewhat.

He has a huge task this week to get the team ready to play after a big win, on the road in a tough environment against a good team. That is a tough task. However, if he did a better job versus Buffalo or the likes of Tampa before or found ways to finish the Patriots and Panthers, he might not "need" this game.

fair enough. people are quick to get too cute. staying with what's not working too long isn't good, but it's just as bad as changing things for the sake of it, or changing things without viable alternatives.

well, we would get Denver just at the right time. January...

ha ha...we got to win one first...so i guess i should pump the brakes...but i dont like our matchup with those wrs and tight end...a lot of size there...and welker too...damn...and von miller off the edge

thing about the postseason is usually a team riding a hot streak goes far in em...and miami has to be one of the hottest teams in football right now...if we get there this seasons an absolute success for me but who knows maybe we can do some damage there in the process...only 2 places i really don't want to go is baltimore and denver

Issue is the other team riding a hot streak is the Ravens who we would most likely face in the first round if we get in.

Issue is the other team riding a hot streak is the Ravens who we would most likely face in the first round if we get in.

at 10-6 indy at 11-5 would be our matchup...i believe...and thats what i want...a piece of indy

Plus we've played and won so many close games we are very well conditioned for the winner-takes-all format. Out of our 6 losses, 4 were within a score at the end. We might not pull away from opponents but we stick with all-comers. That's a valuable trait in the postseason. I just wish we had the offensive personnel to put up 30+ pts games...

then you are right...no i don't think indy wins...so it looks like either a trip to cinci or a trip to balt for us...dang

Better start rooting for the Pats to win lol...and a Cincy win this weekend.

Plus we've played and won so many close games we are very well conditioned for the winner-takes-all format. Out of our 6 losses, 4 were within a score at the end. We might not pull away from opponents but we stick with all-comers. That's a valuable trait in the postseason. I just wish we had the offensive personnel to put up 30+ pts games...

yeah...we are definitely battle tested...

OK after looking at the wildcard tie-breakers if the Ravens and Colts end up 10-6 Ravens would win the tie breaker by having a better record against common opponents. Both played Miami, Denver, Houston and Cincinnati. Indy went 2-2 against those team (only counting Houston once but they swept them) and Ravens went 3-1 against those teams losing only to Denver (Ravens would have swept the Bengals in this scenario). That would put the Ravens as the 3 seed.

To Break a Tie

Two Clubs

1.Head-to-head, if applicable.
2.Best won-lost-tied percentage in games played within the conference.
3.Best won-lost-tied percentage in common games, minimum of four.
4.Strength of victory.
5.Strength of schedule.
6.Best combined ranking among conference teams in points scored and points allowed.
7.Best combined ranking among all teams in points scored and points allowed.
8.Best net points in conference games.
9.Best net points in all games.
10.Best net touchdowns in all games.
11.Coin toss.

Back
Top Bottom