Aren't you supposed to be collapsing? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Aren't you supposed to be collapsing?

I don't know about the Jets but it sure would have been easy for Miami to look past this game if it hadn't been for the fact that it was on Monday Night Football, and that the secondary (and all the defense) really wanted to show people that last week was a snowflake fluke....not to mention Fiedler wanted to show people (most especially defensive coordinators) that his thumb is NOT preventing him from being as good as he was before the injury. And as for Ricky, well, Ricky's always got somethin to prove. Maybe he was just feelin a little loopy that day, decided to give the fans a 200+ yard performance at home rather than on the road.

The offensive line, by the way, was superb. I'm really happy with it. Perhaps the only thing that I would in good conscience change about it next year, is maybe letting Ruddy go off to another team and putting the invigorating Seth McKinney in the lineup. I love Dixon at LT, even if he did give up a sack to Alex Brown.

i do worry about Curtis. Lamont Jordan's not ready to take on the load. But when CM has been healthy, he's been effective. So hopefully he's got a few more seasons in him.

As for Coles, well he's been amazing. I agree, no way they let him go. I think the Jets still need a big receiver, but Coles and Chad really have a nice chemistry going. Not Montana/Rice but I'll take what I can get!

And as far as hell freezing over, well it's damn cold up in NYC! But seriously, this is a good board and we've got some smart Fins fans who come visit ours (theganggreen.com) - Finatic, Blitzkreig - to name a couple. Believe me, I'd much rather chat with smart fans - makes it a lot more interesting, and you get some different perspectives.

Jets fans and Dolphins fans living is harmony !?! Stop the World I want to get off !!!! :)

Seriously though, alot of the message boards I frequent all are talking about how good Ricky has been. The fact that he ran for over 200 in the snow against Buffalo made alot of people take notice.

As far as the Jets are concerned there is no way the Jets let Coles go. He is Pennington's favorite reciever. I think right now they would let Chrebet go before Coles.

Martin will be fine. The problem this year was the ankle sprain early a O-Line that is not as good as last year and the turf in Giants stadium is an absolute disgrace. I went to the game Sunday and every time he tried to make a cut he slipped. There is talk of changing to the field turf next year like Philly and Dallas.

Best stat I'ver heard about the Jets: In the last 6 games they have outscored their opponents 50-6 in the fourth quarter.

As far as the AFC East is concerned the race has been unreal, every team has had its up and downs. (Pats lost 4 in a row, Jets lost 4 in a row, Miami struggled after Fiedler went down) Now it is basically a three game sprint to the finish.

I think Oakland will be in the AFC Title game. Their opponent could very well be either Miami, New England or the Jets the way all three are playing right now.

Back
Top Bottom