argument with a steelers fan about fins | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

argument with a steelers fan about fins

InSabanWeTrust1

Section 238 row 6
Reaction score
okay. so last period today in school i have the sun sentinel out and my friend and my teacher and i get in a full heated discussion about the fins vs. the steelers. My friend is a hardcore steelers fan and i dont know what my teacher is. So i say we have a chance to win because of their losses of von oelhoffen, randle el, hope, and townsend if culpepper is healthy. THey start going crazy about how we have no chance. I bring up the face that Hines Ward is good but without randle el his numbers will go down because he will face constant double teams. AND he has the nerve to say ward is better then chambers and hes never lived up to his potential. SO i bring up the fact of CC's breakout year last year with frerrote throwing too him and how we have mcmichael who is better than miller and brown whose better than parker. I thought i had valid points saying we can double team ward and contain miller and the running game and that their offense will be shut down. On our offensive side of the ball i said yeah they have porter and polamalu so
our running game wont go off and our oline might have some problems with porter rushing, but whose gonna guard mcmichael and chambers when polamalu n porter are at the line of scrimage??? and what defensive end do they have will get to the qb other than porter blitzing. he tried to say they have better coaching w. cowher and i just laughed and ended it there. Do you think i had a good argument or is our team gonna start off 0-1 before we go 5-2 before the break?

They're riding the high of Super Bowl invincibility. You won't get anything out of them.

You gotta wait 'till the season starts.

we have no argument until we win......they are the better team

we beat them then we can talk.....put yourself in his shoes and you'd say the same thing

you had solid points that i agree with completely and i know how much of a pain it is to argue with friends who dont know anything about the nfl but are still convinced miami sucks, believe me i know i live in ny, but the truth is that they are the super bowl champs and they are so high on that that as of right now they think no team can match up to them even the fact that they werent the best team last year they were just like george mason this year in the ncaa tourny, they just played very well in the playoffs...with that said i think we have a very good chance of going into that game and stealing a win from them especially if they dont take us seriously, we all saw what happened to the chargers when they didnt take us seriously last year and we felt disrespected...lets just hope that happens again this year so we can embarrass them the night they get their rings

They were the last seed in the playoffs. We weren't that far away from them last year, that was with Gus at the helm.

just like denver opening week. they went on to the playoffs as well as the panthers.

im so ready for this game

Nobody can say the dolphins are going to be better than the steelers this year until we go out and prove that culpepper can get back to playing form..

and Ward has been so damn consistant in putting up monster numbers its not a far stretch to say that the guy is better than chambers..

Let the teams talk come opening day, I like Chambers but Hines is the better WR.

trate121hb said:
we have no argument until we win......they are the better team
trate121hb said:

we beat them then we can talk.....put yourself in his shoes and you'd say the same thing

Agreed...

I watched EVERY Dolphin and nearly every Steeler's game last year. (My wife and her Dad are RABID Steeler's fans)

They are the world champs and very competitive nearly every year...Hines Ward is a complete WR and does things that CC does not...such as block like a man! I am not saying either CC or Ward are better tan the other. I think they are about equal IMO, just different.

HEAD SAYS:
Now as it relates to this game...I give the Steelers a 7 point edge, 3 for playing at home, and 4 cuz they are the world champs.

HEART SAYS:
Kick their a$$e$!!!!!!

Sorry, but we have no bragging rights yet. And honestly I would take Ward over Chambers right now..

when chambers can start catching the easy 3rd down passes, then i will start to talk about him in the elite receivers category. he started to hint at getting over the dropsies late in the season. i hope he and mcmichael can up their concentration and start catching the easy ones. sure they look spectacular when they make one handed grab, falling away, but they need to be more consistent. hines ward is consistantly good.

NYinBostonFin said:
They were the last seed in the playoffs. We weren't that far away from them last year, that was with Gus at the helm.

Oooh...good point !!:dolphins:

Back
Top Bottom