argument with a steelers fan about fins | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

argument with a steelers fan about fins

InSabanWeTrust1 said:
okay. so last period today in school i have the sun sentinel out and my friend and my teacher and i get in a full heated discussion about the fins vs. the steelers. My friend is a hardcore steelers fan and i dont know what my teacher is. So i say we have a chance to win because of their losses of von oelhoffen, randle el, hope, and townsend if culpepper is healthy. THey start going crazy about how we have no chance. I bring up the face that Hines Ward is good but without randle el his numbers will go down because he will face constant double teams. AND he has the nerve to say ward is better then chambers and hes never lived up to his potential. SO i bring up the fact of CC's breakout year last year with frerrote throwing too him and how we have mcmichael who is better than miller and brown whose better than parker. I thought i had valid points saying we can double team ward and contain miller and the running game and that their offense will be shut down. On our offensive side of the ball i said yeah they have porter and polamalu so
our running game wont go off and our oline might have some problems with porter rushing, but whose gonna guard mcmichael and chambers when polamalu n porter are at the line of scrimage??? and what defensive end do they have will get to the qb other than porter blitzing. he tried to say they have better coaching w. cowher and i just laughed and ended it there. Do you think i had a good argument or is our team gonna start off 0-1 before we go 5-2 before the break?

I could see why he says Ward is better than CC. Ward has been playing at a very high level for a long time now, CC needs to show that he can play like last year every year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by endorphin

Agreed...

I watched EVERY Dolphin and nearly every Steeler's game last year. (My wife and her Dad are RABID Steeler's fans)

They are the world champs and very competitive nearly every year...Hines Ward is a complete WR and does things that CC does not...such as block like a man! I am not saying either CC or Ward are better tan the other. I think they are about equal IMO, just different.

HEAD SAYS:
Now as it relates to this game...I give the Steelers a 7 point edge, 3 for playing at home, and 4 cuz they are the world champs.

HEART SAYS:
Kick their a$$e$!!!!!!

You'd be surprised but you must be unaware that Chambers is actually a pretty good blocker and is one of the few Wrs who go out and block for the rbs. Alot of deep runs that ricky or Ronnie had a partly contributed to the receivers, just as Linehan says, Chambers is a multi-dimensional Wr. As of now Ward is better, but I believe chambers is a more physically gifted and talented WR who is capable of putting up huge numbers. I think Chambers will have a big year this season coming with a good qb finally in Daunte Culpepper. Ward is a the best blokcking WR in the NFL and is probably the toughest WR, but Chambers blocking isn't too shabby either. In a year of two, I think that will change, but regardless, Miami has a better overall offense anyways so what does it matter if one WR might be slightly better than the other. Miami's receiver corps is better, Booker is definitely better than Cedrick Wilson, so the WRs combined are better for Miami. Miami has Randy and the Steelers have Miller who are both good tightends, but Miami has Ronnie and hopefulley Ricky therefore, a better overrall cast.

cltchperf said:
You'd be surprised but you must be unaware that Chambers is actually a pretty good blocker and is one of the few Wrs who go out and block for the rbs. Alot of deep runs that ricky or Ronnie had a partly contributed to the receivers, just as Linehan says, Chambers is a multi-dimensional Wr. As of now Ward is better, but I believe chambers is a more physically gifted and talented WR who is capable of putting up huge numbers. I think Chambers will have a big year this season coming with a good qb finally in Daunte Culpepper. Ward is a the best blokcking WR in the NFL and is probably the toughest WR, but Chambers blocking isn't too shabby either. In a year of two, I think that will change, but regardless, Miami has a better overall offense anyways so what does it matter if one WR might be slightly better than the other. Miami's receiver corps is better, Booker is definitely better than Cedrick Wilson, so the WRs combined are better for Miami. Miami has Randy and the Steelers have Miller who are both good tightends, but Miami has Ronnie and hopefulley Ricky therefore, a better overrall cast.

Don't get me wrong...I think CC is an awesome WR, and is now finally becoming a legit #1 WR...and as I said, I think they're equal in overall talent.

BUT when it comes to blocking and toughness, he's no where near Hines Ward.

InSabanWeTrust1 said:
okay. so last period today in school i have the sun sentinel out and my friend and my teacher and i get in a full heated discussion about the fins vs. the steelers. My friend is a hardcore steelers fan and i dont know what my teacher is. So i say we have a chance to win because of their losses of von oelhoffen, randle el, hope, and townsend if culpepper is healthy. THey start going crazy about how we have no chance. I bring up the face that Hines Ward is good but without randle el his numbers will go down because he will face constant double teams. AND he has the nerve to say ward is better then chambers and hes never lived up to his potential. SO i bring up the fact of CC's breakout year last year with frerrote throwing too him and how we have mcmichael who is better than miller and brown whose better than parker. I thought i had valid points saying we can double team ward and contain miller and the running game and that their offense will be shut down. On our offensive side of the ball i said yeah they have porter and polamalu so
our running game wont go off and our oline might have some problems with porter rushing, but whose gonna guard mcmichael and chambers when polamalu n porter are at the line of scrimage??? and what defensive end do they have will get to the qb other than porter blitzing. he tried to say they have better coaching w. cowher and i just laughed and ended it there. Do you think i had a good argument or is our team gonna start off 0-1 before we go 5-2 before the break?

Think Pitt will be favored at home, but "no chance" is way overboard. And you didn't mention Pitt's gotta hope Staley or someone else is able replace Bettis's 9 TDs and short yardage production. Don't think Pitts starting WRs will be hurt as badly as many believe. Randle El caught 35 passes last year, #3 guy last year & #2 guy this year Wilson caught 26. But Pitts does need someone to step up in the passing game at #3 WR. Randle El will be missed most for the trick plays and punt returns. Townsend resigned but as you stated, Hope & vonOeloffen are gone will be missed.

Can't dismiss Cowher as one of the best coaches in the NFL. Saban will be in that category but can't put him there after only one season. Also think 5-2 is not a bad prediction considering the teams we're playing, if Culpepper is starting.

endorphin said:
Don't get me wrong...I think CC is an awesome WR, and is now finally becoming a legit #1 WR...and as I said, I think they're equal in overall talent.

BUT when it comes to blocking and toughness, he's no where near Hines Ward.

Well yeah, that's what I also stated. Ward is the best blocking WR in the NFL. It just sounded like you didn't think Chambers was a good blocker or doesn't block when in reality I would have him as a blocking receiver if I could not choose Ward. Chambers is faster and has that insane vertical leap, plus his has the unproportioned long limbs, so I think he physically has great capability, not that Ward doesn't, but he's a receiver that could be the closest to mimic Randy Moss. He's obvioulsy not, or as good as him, but if you had to choose another receiver that could just fly up in the air and snatch the ball in traffic and make those catches it would be chambers. Now that things have finally are clicking with Miami's offense, witht he line, rbs, and coaching being a big factor, Chambers has seemed to realize his vast potential and I think will soar from here on out with Culpepper. Chambers is not small 210 is pretty good size. Hines Ward is obviously a better blocker, and is more consistent and a better route runner, but Chambers has improved and is only getting better. Hines Ward really isn't that much bigger than Chambers though, 1inch and 5lbs isn't a great difference.

We shock the work world and the towelheads September 7th, 2006

Dolphins 20 Steelers 19

Yeah baby! Tell your classmate & teacher the greatwade told ya so.

cltchperf said:
Well yeah, that's what I also stated. Ward is the best blocking WR in the NFL. It just sounded like you didn't think Chambers was a good blocker or doesn't block when in reality I would have him as a blocking receiver if I could not choose Ward. Chambers is faster and has that insane vertical leap, plus his has the unproportioned long limbs, so I think he physically has great capability, not that Ward doesn't, but he's a receiver that could be the closest to mimic Randy Moss. He's obvioulsy not, or as good as him, but if you had to choose another receiver that could just fly up in the air and snatch the ball in traffic and make those catches it would be chambers. Now that things have finally are clicking with Miami's offense, witht he line, rbs, and coaching being a big factor, Chambers has seemed to realize his vast potential and I think will soar from here on out with Culpepper. Chambers is not small 210 is pretty good size. Hines Ward is obviously a better blocker, and is more consistent and a better route runner, but Chambers has improved and is only getting better. Hines Ward really isn't that much bigger than Chambers though, 1inch and 5lbs isn't a great difference.

I think we totally agree here. As it relates to CC and Moss, I think that gap would close a LOT if CC would be more aggressive going after the ball. He definitley makes catches that make you go :eek: but Moss is just posessed for that ball.

I'd much rather play the Steelers at home week 1, than the colts at home in week 1.

Ward is better than CC.

I have the same pointless conversation with my brother who is a huge Steelers fan. He is also suffering from Superbowl Blindness.

u did make good points but keep in mind, everyone thought the same thing, wards numbers will go down w/o buress when he left but look what happened, i think its the coaching of the steelers that make their wide recievers good plus w/ big ben throwing to our improved but still sub par pass protection idk man....

NYinBostonFin said:
I'd much rather play the Steelers at home week 1, than the colts at home in week 1.

Ward is better than CC.

ummm, no chambers is faster higher at jumping ward has better hands and blocks MUCH better but chambers is just an all out deep threat ward is a all around solid reciever but hes also playing w/ a top 3 offencive line and big ben throwing to him, chambers does what he does with journymen QBs and usually terrible (although not this year) offencive lines, its close but i think chambers is up there in ability with chad johnson, randyy moss and marvin harriison

how ironic...i live in pittsburgh and i have the same discussion with some hard core steeler fans...but they are fair weather fans when they went 6-10 nobody liked them but when they went 15-1 and then won the super bowl the next year everyone was on their side...they say miami is a bunch of scrubs but i think they just cant get over the fact that miami may be better then their steelers
we will have to wait and see
i think i got tickets to the game too:D

wagz said:
ummm, no chambers is faster higher at jumping ward has better hands and blocks MUCH better but chambers is just an all out deep threat ward is a all around solid reciever but hes also playing w/ a top 3 offencive line and big ben throwing to him, chambers does what he does with journymen QBs and usually terrible (although not this year) offencive lines, its close but i think chambers is up there in ability with chad johnson, randyy moss and marvin harriison

Dont get me wrong, I love CC, but look at stats and tell me different.

Ward has also had some pretty pathetic QB's. He is also in a very run orientated offense and still puts up 1000 yd seasons yearly.

GCD960 said:
Hines Ward is better than CC.
actually he is a better blocker..imho i think cc has better talent but just hasnt put it to good use till this year...

First, I'd question that teachers intelligence (hope you aren't paying for that class). Pittsburg won because they played awesome team ball. Ward is a talent, if C.C. played with the drive and enthusiazm ward does the sky would be the limit. I don't see Pitt repeating because of losses & retirement (players). But because of the way they're built/coached, I don't see any one individual leaving affecting the team as it would some. Yes I grudgingly admire them for that, my youngerr brother is a Pittsburg fan, (you know what they say, you can pick your friends but not your relatives)? Believe it!

Back
Top Bottom