Arizona a possible trade partner for Miami for a QB? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Arizona a possible trade partner for Miami for a QB?

Talk about one of the NFL's most overpaid, underachieving QBs in NFL history! 16 games started, 4000 yards passing, 20 Tds, 22 ints...for his 5 year career! How this guy got ever a 5 year, $63.5M dollar contract ($21M of it guaranteed) is beyond me. Holy crapola!

Depends on what they are willing to give up. Arizona is one of those teams (like we were in the past) that appears will give more than reasonable compensation for a player.

I think there is a real possibility Miami keeps all 4 QB's on the active roster. Just my opinion.

As bad as our QB situation is, it ain't all that bad.

Just get on the Dolphin bandwagon this off season? I mean you must be new or just born to make that statement.

I think there is a real possibility Miami keeps all 4 QB's on the active roster. Just my opinion.

No way they keep 4 active. They will keep 3 active and one on the squad.

Too bad Larry Fitzgerald can't get away from that situation in AZ. I wish we could trade a 2nd, Chad Johnson and a lineman to them for Fitz. They need o-line and Qb help. I know this is crazy but Fitz deserves better and we could use him. How is he doing any good on the Cardinals?

---------- Post added at 12:33 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:32 AM ----------

I meant to unclude Moore in that trade, my bad

OK I vote we see if they'll give us a 2nd for Devlin. (I actually like the kid, and don't know enough about him to grade him running a WC offense). I still say Moore deserves the first shot based on his success last year. If he's not made a strong indicator by week 4, (as in if we're not at least 2-2) then possibly let Garrard taka a shot at it.

OK I vote we see if they'll give us a 2nd for Devlin. (I actually like the kid, and don't know enough about him to grade him running a WC offense). I still say Moore deserves the first shot based on his success last year. If he's not made a strong indicator by week 4, (as in if we're not at least 2-2) then possibly let Garrard taka a shot at it.

No offense, but you must not pay attention whatsoever to football. A 2nd for Devlin? Do you have any idea how valuable a 2nd round pick is? We'd be lucky to get a 5th or 6th for Moore!

the question here becomes one of compensation... Garrard for a 3rd vs. Moore for a 5th. i take what i can get from Garrard (who may actually have a few years left in him) and have Tannehill in the wings under Matt Moore. anything less than a 3rd for Garrard at this point i think is a push. Moore is not as talented IMO, but draft picks are priceless, and to have three 3rd rd. picks in next yrs draft would be exciting.

What Kold did was quite impressive.

In less than ten minutes of the first preseason game he managed to throw an INT AND get injured, cementing his reputation as a bad, injury probe QB. Plus he looked aweful on the sidelines.

I've read some pretty damning quotes by Fitzgerald the past couple of months about his opinion of their QB situation.

The Eagles have really done a tremendous sell job on some of their former QB's.

I would NOT trade either of our QB's,

unless we can get a 2nd round pick that is. :d-day:

I believe we will keep Garrard, Moore and Tannehill and put Devlin on the practice squad if he clears waivers. The QB is always 1 play away from injuries.
If Garrard(post back issues) got sacked like Kolb did, we would feel lucky to have Moore waiting in the wings, especially early in the season.
I think the team is not interested in trading.
Just my .02
That's the thing about insurance. You're always glad if you have it if you have an accident and usually feel stupid about spending for it if you don't.

I think we will end up loosing Moore or Devlin because I don't think Devlin makes it to the practice squad if he really has improved. I saw that CK got his wish and Wheedon is indeed the starter at Cleveland. McCoy might be another candidate for a very needy team now.

if any qb is traded from miami, it should be moore...based off his performance to finish last year, and if garrard does start the season, if anything happens to him injury wise...i would prefer a former pro bowl QB with a ear piece and a clip board on the sideline help groom my future QB, then a career back-up who only had a flash of "decent" play. JMO but of course that if it happens

Moore had a great ending to a season last year. The NFL could see that maybe this guy is not done competing for a starting spot. I think the smart move is to play him in preseason, and if he does well, but does not earn the starting spot, we seriously consider moving him.

I do like what one poster said in that, we finally have a good trio of qb's, maybe we should let Ryan learn a year and then release him unto the NFL next year. Thats probably the best plan for a qb we will have for the next decade.

If Gerrard is the starter Moore hs to go. We have to develop Tannehill into a starter and that wont happen as a number 3

Just get on the Dolphin bandwagon this off season? I mean you must be new or just born to make that statement.

No way they keep 4 active. They will keep 3 active and one on the squad.

Well I'm not 'new' so I guess, according to you, I was born to make that statement. And according to me, you were born to make huge assumptions about someone you don't know while not even trying to contribute to the conversation at hand.

We've had much worse QB situations in the past, but I wish it were better of course.

Back
Top Bottom