Armado Salguero: Bank on Rosenhaus contacting Dolphins about Shockey | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Armado Salguero: Bank on Rosenhaus contacting Dolphins about Shockey

FinAtic8480

Active Roster
Reaction score
OK, Shockey loves the 305 (and 954). His agent is in Miami Beach. He'll make the call to the Dolphins. Bank on that. (more)

But ... Sparano is very close with Sean Payton, the guy who just cut Shockey and knows his flaws. So the Dolphins will know those flaws too.

And ... there are issues of $ and chemistry and health. Is Shockey an upgrade over Fasano? As a receiver, yes. But other issues weigh in.

If Parcells was running show, the Dolphins would NOT chase Shockey. With Ireland & urgency (desperation?) of winning now. All bets off.

Last thought on Shockey talk: Dolphins are in same town Jimmy Graham played. They should've known about him more than anyone. They didn't.

www.twitter.com/ArmandoSalguero

Last edited by a moderator:
Like Armando said Sparano will know plenty about Shockey thanks to Sean Payton.

Well, if the meatball is serious about saving his job he needs to strongly consider adding Shockey. I know Shockey isn't what he once was, but he scares defenses a hell of a lot more than Anthony Fasano.

Make him a decent offer. I think he will take a pay cut to play in Miami

I'd like to have him, and draft a rookie as well. He may not be an great blocker, but he is a decent receiver.

ehhh, he's a shell of his former self. I'd only offer him an incentive-laden 2 year deal worth about 8m (4m/season). He is an improvement over fasano though, so i wouldn't mind bringing another U vet aboard.

ehhh, he's a shell of his former self. I'd only offer him an incentive-laden 2 year deal worth about 8m (4m/season). He is an improvement over fasano though, so i wouldn't mind bringing another U vet aboard.

This.

If he is healthy, he would give us a nice one, two veteran combo at TE this year. We can hopefully develop Shuler behind 2 solid TE's.

Back
Top Bottom