Armado Salguero: Bank on Rosenhaus contacting Dolphins about Shockey | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Armado Salguero: Bank on Rosenhaus contacting Dolphins about Shockey

He is a better receiver than Fasano but has not been durable over the past few seasons, so if we make a offer it should be incentive based. Even if we sign him, we should still try to draft a replacement tight end for the future.

What if you had two Average players in Shockey and Fasano..Might be a good fit.

Double Tight sets w/ Fasano and Shockey would at least give us more options on offense. Unless you guys miss us going empty back every down?

If Drew calls HANG UP! Shockeys done!

I agree, if we were one player away from the Super Bowl and TE was it I would be for it. Miami is a LONG WAY from that point and would rather get someone younger that has time to learn the system and develope and have a future ahead of them rather than behind them and have to get someone new at time Miami is hopefully taking that next step that we all want them to. Shockey isn't as good as he thinks he is and can't be counted on due to injury. Would rather have Fasano for the money Shockey will be asking.

I don't think having a proven vet come in and play as our number 2 wiht a reasonable contract would be a bad thing. He could take the 2nd TE role and get some nice grabs for us like when we had David Martin. He can still make those plays for us. PLus he can help teach some of the young guys we have currently.

I still think one (1) Diva receiver is enough. There is a reason Shockey was traded by the Gnats, and subsequently released by the Saints.

Rosenhaus is an excellent agent - i think 31 other teams will likely get calls too... not much of a stretch there Salguero

Another retarded statement by this hack.

Armando- ANY AGENT DOING THEIR JOB WILL CALL EVERY TEAM IN THE LEAGUE.

Everytime I read his crap I wish for a time machine and a coat hanger

Double Tight sets w/ Fasano and Shockey would at least give us more options on offense. Unless you guys miss us going empty back every down?

i agree that it is about options...we dont have any right now on offense except marshall and bess

ehhh, he's a shell of his former self. I'd only offer him an incentive-laden 2 year deal worth about 8m (4m/season). He is an improvement over fasano though, so i wouldn't mind bringing another U vet aboard.

I think 4 mil a season is a little high. Especially if the incentives are on top of this.

I don't care about his contract since I'm not paying him. I definitely feel a would be an upgrade over Fasano for a year or two IF he can stay healthy. Seems as though he wants to be here, and he is a good receiver.

Back
Top Bottom