Armando calls out Fins FO for handling of Pouncey issue | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Armando calls out Fins FO for handling of Pouncey issue

Rhoadsy13

Starter
Reaction score
http://miamiherald.typepad.com/dolphins_in_depth/

Here is what bothers me about this article is that he is going off a 2 sentence statement from his brother & his "sources" to claim he knows exactly how it was handled. Plus not to mention he talks about how the issue has lingerd, I have heard nothing about it since the 1st day of camp it's Armando that is bringing it back up. He also brings up how transparent we should be & that's how Ross wants it now, well I guess he forgot about Hard Knocks last year & when they addressed the Wallace text earlier in the offseason & other issues just b/c they didn't go through Armando apparently it is wrong. Other teams do the same thing plus I don't believe Mike Tomlin made a comment about it.

Please understand I am no way supporting Pouncey for wearing the hat in fact it was stupid & insensitive for him to do. IF (that's a big if) this is true then IMO I disagree with how it was handled, Pouncey should own up to his mistake & ask for forgiveness at the same time they have to do what they feel is right for the organization & they don't have to get Armando's or my opinion on it.

"So Pouncey wanted to apologize but the Dolphins prevented him. And, according to sources, Pouncey wasn't the only one who wanted this issue handled differently. I'm told several people within the organization wanted to have Pouncey apologize and let the issue simply die right there.

Those folks obvioulsy lost the argument. The winner of the argument?

Philbin.

He wanted the bunker approach and got it.

I assume the coach figured not saying anything and definitely not apologizing would make the issue go away quicker. He was wrong. It makes the issue linger because the question is still out there, new details now arise from Maurkice that Mike wanted to apologize, and there's the whole idea of the coach going against owner Stephen Ross's stated approach on how the club is going to be run.

You'll remember in March of 2012, Ross said that to the extent it didn't hurt any competitive edge, his team would be run in an open and transparent manner. He said the team had to emerge from "the dungeon" of the past tight-lipped football administrations."

Read more here: http://miamiherald.typepad.com/dolphins_in_depth/#storylink=cpy

its tough some times to deal with Omar's fins bashing (mostly THill) & Armando's very strong opinions.

If you don't talk about these types of clowns they just fade away... Go to another beat writer to get info :up:

By this point it's been handled and we will know if the message got across. Nothing else needs to be done

Pouncey wanted to apologize??? Yeah, OK...why even wear the F'ing hat then???!!! so he decided to wear the hat to cause a ruckus and then to have to publicly apologize for it?? PLEASE...

Must...make...bigger...news...out...of...this!

:lol: Keep trying.

totally stupid article. i haven't heard anything about the hat since the 1st day of camp when there was no comment. so the dolphins approach was perfect. it's just not a big enough story for people to come back to unless you comment about it. if you say nothing, there will be nothing to write about. if you are the only person bringing it up like armando, then in essence your writing about yourself as news. i'm sure the dolphins will continue to be silent on the issue and armando can't write this trash twice. so this should be the last we here about it for the year.

I had not heard anymore on this issue until I read this so not sure why Armando thinks it's still a hot topic?

Hasn't anyone ever heard Armando during interviews? He is embarrassing to listen to. He tries to come off as this humorous, insider guy, but completely fails every time. It's cringe worthy. You can almost feel the radio host cringe through the radio waves when he tries to tell some stupid joke.

Armando makes his bread and butter by painting the Dolphins as an inept organization, so this is no surprise.

Sounds like the entire story is based on Maurkice Pouncey's comments. What's Maurkice supposed to say? "Mike doesn't give an 'eff. He's not sorry.' It might be true; it might not be; but to make a story out of it . . . I'd say it lacks integrity, but what else is new?

I think Armando actually brings up a good point, even if it's not his main one. Obviously the hat made Mike Pouncey look like an idiot, so he and his agent and his publicist and whoever would probably like to come out and apologize or explain it so his public image takes less of a hit. But if Philbin ordered him not to say anything, and people get on Pouncey for not being willing to apologize (because that's how it will come off to anyone who doesn't known Philbin put the kibosh on it), then like Armando I wonder how Pouncey feels about that. It might bother me if I was in Pouncey's place (not that I'd ever be so stupid as to wear that hat).

I think Philbin's played this one wrong. You don't make a mea culpa because you want to. You do it because ultimately that puts a bow on the story and allows the public to forgive whoever it is that did something dumb. Yes it's news for a day or two, but then it's gone. It's the normal cycle of these stories, so much so that consciously breaking the cycle can itself become news, as this has.

What I find funny is that this issue had pretty much gone away completely until Maurkice Pouncey said something about it again. I'll bet Mike is thrilled.

Now its time for football, not hats. Hatgate 2013 is over and needs to stay over. Now its time to watch rich, huge, fast guys knock the snot out of eachother while I drink a boatload of PBR and eat chicken.

I think armando and company are bringing this up because we had a quiet off season and they have to fill there reports with something. If tannehill had smacked luaren around, lamar miller got a dui, and dan carpenter failed a steriod test then they'd have something to write about. Chad johnson kept them up for a whole month last off season and he never played a snap for the fins. When there is no news to report these guys report old news. Which i guess is no big deal these guys got to eat some how.[video=youtube;bgaOEj903dA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bgaOEj903dA[/video]

Back
Top Bottom