Armando claims that more candidates will be interviewed | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Armando claims that more candidates will be interviewed

Nublar7

Retired FinHeaven Staff
Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
http://miamiherald.typepad.com/dolp...e-more-gm-interviews-coming-ross-engaged.html

The Dolphins search for a general manager is not over in that interviews for new candidates are coming, according to a high ranking team source. After all of the interviews are complete -- there have been seven so far -- then the club will narrow down to finalists and pick the new GM.

And this: Dolphins owner Stephen Ross has been present "and engaged" in every interview so far. And he will be physically present for every future interview, and every part of the process that entails, the source said.

The Dolphins, I'm told, are acutely aware of the criticism of their GM hiring process. Senior Bowl practices start this week in Mobile and it is clear a GM will not be named before those end. So there's criticism the process is taking too long.

The team's answer?

The goal is to hire the right man, rather than a right now man.

(I would say I agree with this. Obviously, there are deadlines that have to be met. The Dolphins need to hire a GM in time for the Feb. 18-25 NFL Combine as well as May draft. And the team will obviously have a GM in place before then. But him not being on board this week is not going to affect draft preparations. Most, if not all the candidates the Dolphins are considering will indeed be at the Senior Bowl working for their current teams, anyway. So that institutional knowledge will travel to Miami once the hire is made.)

Every Coach, assistant coach, GM, and personnel guy in the guy in the league are at the Senior Bowl. Even guys without jobs show up trying to get hired, like a big job fair. I don't know if anyone knows this but the new GM won't make any changes to his College Scouting Department until after the Draft. Every GM waits till then. No one guts a whole scouting staff 4 months before the Draft. So this isn't a big deal, but the GM needs to be hired by the 1st so he can have time to plan the combine interviews, and start setting up the draft board.

Armando: More GM interviews coming, Ross engaged in search

This is good info from a high ranking official according to Armando. There seems to be more interviews on the way & surprisingly Armando actually seems to support the Fins. Look I know we as fans get impatient but it even mentions in article that they want to find the RIGHT FIT which is more important than rushing into a hire to please LaConfora & Florio.

http://miamiherald.typepad.com/dolp...e-more-gm-interviews-coming-ross-engaged.html

"The team is currently doing a "deeper dive" and "work behind the scenes" to vet candidates already interviewed and those yet to be interviewed.
During the interviews already completed -- with Lake Dawson, Omar Khan, Ray Farmer, Dennis Hickey, Brian Xanders, Jason Licht, and in-house candidate Brian Gaine -- Ross has been part of the full group of people talking with the candidates."

Read more here: http://miamiherald.typepad.com/dolp...rviews-coming-ross-engaged.html#storylink=cpy

So the New York/ China trip story was bull****?? Wow imagine that. It is Armando though so.....

An article by Mando that isnt scathingly negative. I am stunned.

I wish I had a crystal ball to see who our gm will be.

Armando Salguero ‏@ArmandoSalguero

After each interview, which he's not part of, Dolphins coach Joe Philbin meets w/ every GM candidate separately.

Really starting to think no one has "hit it out of the park" yet in the interview process and that is why we continue down this road. Why hasn't Tampa hired their GM yet also? Thought Vital was a slam dunk like what a week ago?

I was thinking that as well.

Also we may really want to interview someone who is still in house(a NE or SF person).

Andrew Abramson ‏@AbramsonPBP

Mixed reaction in Mobile from Dolphins folks of having no GM at Senior Bowl. One said it's "a huge deal" another said business as usual.

@JohnnyCombs Yes, entire Dolphins staff is here except for a GM. Assist GM Brian Gaine, a candidate for top job, is running the show for now

Andrew Abramson ‏@AbramsonPBP

Mixed reaction in Mobile from Dolphins folks of having no GM at Senior Bowl. One said it's "a huge deal" another said business as usual.

@JohnnyCombs Yes, entire Dolphins staff is here except for a GM. Assist GM Brian Gaine, a candidate for top job, is running the show for now

Even if it is an irritant.
Getting the right GM is so much more important that this pales in comparison.

Back
Top Bottom