Armando claims that more candidates will be interviewed | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Armando claims that more candidates will be interviewed

I agree. Take as much time as needed to find the right guy. I just hope the suspense pays off BIG!

Armando Salguero ‏@ArmandoSalguero 42s

Name linked to Dolphins GM search now off the market: RT @AJCFalcons: Vital to stay with the Falcons

Armando Salguero ‏@ArmandoSalguero 42s

Name linked to Dolphins GM search now off the market: RT @AJCFalcons: Vital to stay with the Falcons

Dolphins reportedly had interest in Vital, but they never brought him in for an interview. Have to think this is a big blow to the Buccaneers since not only did he have TWO interviews with them, he was considered the favorite the entire time.

I am waiting patiently for the media to rip the Buccaneers.

Dolphins reportedly had interest in Vital, but they never brought him in for an interview. Have to think this is a big blow to the Buccaneers since not only did he have TWO interviews with them, he was considered the favorite the entire time.

I am waiting patiently for the media to rip the Buccaneers.

You'll be waiting a while, because they have the venerable Lovie Smith making the final call on everything. The media loves Lovie and the Glazers, so there will be no such criticism. Meanwhile if Vital interviewed twice here and decided to stay in his current role, it would obviously be because the structure with the Dolphins is bad and the FO is poisoned and dysfunctional, and the Dolphins are the worst organization in professional sports.

I thought Vital was interviewed by TB but never spoke to Ross. It's not like one of the interviewees backed out, this story is a non-starter. More news that isn't news by our best people.

Keep a look out for the name Nick Caserio. He's been the de-facto #1 personnel man with the Patriots behind Bill Belichick for the past five years and, obviously, his season just ended. Given how thorough we've been in contacting every major personnel up and comer I would be shocked if we didn't at least reach out to him.

Caserio's background is varied and interesting, including coaching as well as both pro and college scouting, and New England's drafts have markedly improved since he became their Director of Player Personnel in 2008. There have been some obvious brain farts -- Ras I Dowling was a complete wtf pick -- but check out his track record:

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/nwe/draft.htm

Not as sterling a record as perhaps Brian Xanders (who has his Tim Tebows to answer for) or Tom Gamble, but New England's loss is always our gain. :D

Just a hypothetical but wouldn't the Fins waiting to hire a GM until after the Senior Bowl or further than that down the road actually be beneficial? It's pretty much a guarantee the Fins scouting dept won't change until after the draft so that point is moot. But, the longer they wait, not only will the Fins gather their own information but they will also be able to see how a different team has their players ranked from the candidate they hire. Now I know it won't be exact but getting another point of view on certain players you are either high on or may have red flags on never hurts.

Wow..who da thunk we would have counted on Armando for logic and perspective

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

This simply means we are "hoping" to interview folks from the final 4 PO finalists - and I am down for that - turn over ever rock and get it right

Caserios would be great. I talked him up a couple months ago but I didn't hear his name come up until now. I think having the same scouting is fine through the senior bowl but a new GM will have his own drafting strategery ie. horizontal v. vertical.

I didn't want to start a new thread for this, but has anybody heard if any of our GM candidates are at the Senior Bowl evaluating talent? Just curious.

Steve

Back
Top Bottom