Armando : Dawson, Gaine and Farmer are possibilities | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Armando : Dawson, Gaine and Farmer are possibilities

So I just asked Omar about Xanders on Twitter. He said Xanders is a cap guy and isn't needed.

First I've heard that, but perhaps the apparent reason why he's not on the shortlist.

So I just asked Omar about Xanders on Twitter. He said Xanders is a cap guy and isn't needed.

First I've heard that, but perhaps the apparent reason why he's not on the shortlist.

He may have Omar Kahn confused with Xanders. I have not heard that at all about Xanders. Edit: Nevermind I read Sportsbuzz and saw Jackson mention this sentiment about Xanders being somewhat of a cap guy.

The Martin Fiasco was handled very poorly by the media, the Brass is not going to overlook that witch hunt - There is no way I cancel anyone off that list and if they were enamored by Farmer he would be for a second interview so I feel there is a twist -> Farmer may be the lead guy but perhpas someone else is following right behind him

What's the deal with Xanders? is he talent evaluator or not? I've seen a couple of times discussed in the Herald that Xanders is a cap guy and not a talent evaluator. Every where else I have seen Xanders mentioned as a talent evaluator and a metrics guy. Anyone have a link or something that clears it up?

Same thing on Dennis Hickey. Is he a metrics guy? I've seen it here but never in an official link of any kind. If anyone can point out good links would be greatly appreciated.

As long as his first move is to re-sign Grimes I don't care who it is.

JLC and Armando are both nitwits but I do believe Dawson is a legit candidate.

1. Peterson connection.
2. I saw him get up and give a speech in that video Walrus linked and he definitely speaks Ross's language.

Dawson is a much better candidate than Hickey, from what I do know about the two.

JLC and Armando are both nitwits but I do believe Dawson is a legit candidate.

1. Peterson connection.
2. I saw him get up and give a speech in that video Walrus linked and he definitely speaks Ross's language.

Dawson is a much better candidate than Hickey, from what I do know about the two.

I agree about Dawson's speaking skills. Unreal. I could listen to him all day. Not only is that important with Ross, but at the same time it is vital the next GM is able to speak to the fans. Show them the vision this team will now have.

Enough of the "bunker mentality" stuff.

I agree about Dawson's speaking skills. Unreal. I could listen to him all day. Not only is that important with Ross, but at the same time it is vital the next GM is able to speak to the fans. Show them the vision this team will now have.

How do you know what's important to Ross? If speaking is so important then why hire Philbin?

Don't underestimate how important that is. I'd bet that one of Ross's biggest problems with Tony Sparano was that Sparano was a meathead who couldn't even get a single sentence out of his mouth without saying "you know?" at least twice.

Dawson talks the way people talk when Ross is conducting real estate business. Wouldn't be surprised if he's Steve's favorite candidate because of that.

How do you know what's important to Ross? If speaking is so important then why hire Philbin?

Maybe you are right. My point is watching the Dawson speaking engagement is that he is smart man. For that matter, Farmer is very similar.

After years of Jeff Ireland talking three times a year, at best, and was cryptic in his information both of these guys would be a breath of fresh air.

I still think Gaine is the best fit.

Can we just go ahead and hire Farmer and get on with it. I think Farmer and Gaine (If we cna get him to stay) would be very good. Farmer has been my 1 choice from the start. based on the reprot I like Dawson next. I just dont have the warm a fuzzies for Gaine being in charge. Just my own opinion. I just feel that Miami's matrics for evaluating players and placing value on them has been poor. I just think we need a new vision and outlook in the scouting department.

I don't get the love for Gaine on here. Unless Gaine publicy stated that Ireland ignored his suggestions, Gaine is on the hook for Ireland's picks, too. It doesn't look good to be the understudy for a nincompoop. It also seems like bad PR to have the stench of Ireland still lingering.

Speaking Skills? Did we forget that painful interview Ross did on Monday night during the Richie fiasco? I agree, Ross cares nothing about speaking skills.....

Back
Top Bottom