Armando: Dolphins owe Hartline fast decision | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Armando: Dolphins owe Hartline fast decision

gafin

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Brian Hartline finds a shady table at one of his favorite outdoor spots on Las Olas Boulevard and surveys the landscape through Ray-Ban sunglasses before diving into his lunch.

The warm sun and cool breeze are a perfect partnership this day. Hartline, in worn jeans and a cotton T-shirt, is all smiles. Life is good for the Miami Dolphins wide receiver.

But the next few weeks threaten uncertainty.

The next few weeks for the Dolphins will be about studying a 2014 season that did not meet anyone’s hopes. The next few weeks will be about forming a plan for 2015.

The Dolphins will take stock and figure out how to press on. The club has been deciding whether coaches stay or go. Decisions will eventually be made which players will remain and which won’t.

And Hartline recognizes he could be affected.

“I understand anytime a business or a team goes through transition, which we are — I mean let’s face it, we’re 8-8 the past two years and it’s not good enough — then everything is up for discussion,” Hartline says.

The Dolphins have to make decisions about the men in their wide receiver room. Mike Wallace, Brandon Gibson and Hartline are well paid and are scheduled to be that again in 2015.

So will all three be back?

If so, will pay cuts be in the offing? If not, who goes?

Uncertainty.
Read more here: http://www.miamiherald.com/sports/s...do-salguero/article5952297.html#storylink=cpy

No actually they dont. He is under contract they can take as long as they want to decide on any player esp if he's under contract. Not sure why we have to tell him he is going to stay fast.

I'm not making any decision until I have a better plan in place.

No actually they dont. He is under contract they can take as long as they want to decide on any player esp if he's under contract. Not sure why we have to tell him he is going to stay fast.

Especially in light of how overpaid he has been......they owe him nothing extra.

You don't get rid of him until your sure you have him properly replaced.

from what I just read seems he is ok with a pay cut. if that's the case its a no brainer to keep him.

What they owe him is a "fast" question....... Will you accept this contract restructure and if not let me provide you with the fast answer.......

from what I just read seems he is ok with a pay cut. if that's the case its a no brainer to keep him.

A player still in his prime taking a pay cut is pretty rare stuff. I find that hard to believe.

Did you read somethibg elsewhere that says he is open to pay cut sinPHIN? This says we don't know and agree with JDW doubt he is.

Hartline’s agent, Drew Rosenhaus, will make the trip to find out the team’s plan for his client. And although Hartline will not discuss publicly whether or not he would be open to a pay cut — which is an obvious possibility — he says Rosenhaus will be ready to give the Dolphins that answer if it comes up.

That’s a fair approach. My expectation is the Dolphins also should be ready.

Read more here: http://www.miamiherald.com/sports/s...do-salguero/article5952297.html#storylink=cpy

There is June date that he even mentions in the article but we owe him a quick answer? No that's how we get in trouble.

Not what I would do…but just from what I have read I think Wallace is out. When asked Tannebaum could have tried to brush it under the rug, instead he said there was no decision, etc. To me that means they have already decided he's getting cut…but who knows. Anyways if they do move away from Wallace, I can't see them cutting Hartline. Ideally you get him to take a pay cut but we don't know if we would take it or not. This could be a completely different looking WR core next year, for good or bad. Hartline's production wouldn't be a big loss but Wallace certainly would.

Maybe they look to upgrade TE with a Julius Thomas to compensate. There are options out there…but it will be a lot of change.

Restructure. Him and gibson both. Wallace can do the same or be traded or cut post june 1st). The writing will be o on the wall for all 3 before then. Probably during the first 3 rounds of the draft.

Back
Top Bottom