Armando: Dolphins owe Hartline fast decision | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Armando: Dolphins owe Hartline fast decision

Well its Stephen ross and joe failbin, we know the plan 8-8 or 7-9 take your choice

The subject is Brian Hartline. Please stop derailing threads with your comments about Ross and Philbin. You do that way too much....

A player still in his prime taking a pay cut is pretty rare stuff. I find that hard to believe.

I would agree....however I think if we were to cut him, he would have a very hard time making what we were going to pay him based on his 2014 season. I would think a longer team deal, for less money but more up front that is in the form of a bonus (and can be pro-rated) over the term of the agreement would be an option and would allow both sides to claim victory. Hartline can be a solid performer when involved in the game plan, but he is a marginal #2 who doesn't really scare anyone.

I think if he wants to stay in Miami he will have to take a pay cut, if he feels he can be paid more then they should part ways. I like his professionalism and work ethic, but bottom line is he doesn't fit the offense Lazor runs. Hartline is not a YAC guy and that's what you need in this offense. He would be a solid 3/4 guy, but not at $7m.

This organization from top to bottom need to be on the same page as to what the offense will be going forward and what players it will take to execute it to perfection. They must be team players and have the qualifications to for this unit to succeed. If we need to make changes on personnel do it so this off season so we are on the right path moving forward.

Hartline knows it is a business (as he said in the article). I am sure he would like clarity but I wouldn't do anything until after the draft as a minimum.

One of the big criticisms that was fairly leveled at Ireland was letting people go without a plan for replacements, i.e., the receiving corps in Tannehill's first year. I don't think you let him go until you have a plan, even if you would like to let him go. I don't buy "you can't get worse than Hartline, he's easy to replace" because I have seen how that works out.

The Dolphins owe their fans proper study and to make the best decision for the franchise. They can work within the rules to make a decision on Hartline whenever that time arrives.

I would release Hartline and not even bring him back at a reduced rate. He's not a winner.

I wouldnt do anything with Hartline. suck it up and live through it.

Gibson goes.

Wallace is the real/top problem.

The only thing going on here with Hartline is he is expressing himself through the media in a nice way. Hartline was the original go to guy in Ryan's first year with legadoodoo.

The Dolphins owe their fans proper study and to make the best decision for the franchise. They can work within the rules to make a decision on Hartline whenever that time arrives.

I would release Hartline and not even bring him back at a reduced rate. He's not a winner.

He has a hot girlfriend. yeah, he's not a winner.

Last edited by a moderator:
I wouldnt do anything with Hartline. suck it up and live through it.

Gibson goes.

Wallace is the real/top problem.

The only thing going on here with Hartline is he is expressing himself through the media in a nice way. Hartline was the original go to guy in Ryan's first year with legadoodoo.

And we had the worst group of receivers in the NFL that year. Hartline was the worst top option in the league, and he's not even the 3rd option in Miami at this point - Wallace, Landry, Clay. 6-per for your 4th option. Brilliant.

Hartline is a class act and consumate pro. He was a 4th Rd pick that has easily outplayed his draft status. He received his contract after back to back 1000 yd seasons and it was deserved. Having said that, his position as the number 2 WR needs to be upgraded.
He's been a good team player and has no off field issues, so I don't undertake some of the hostility directed at him. Sometimes, I wonder if he's just a scapegoat for other problems with the team and FO.

I'm ok with him staying, but he's going to be role player moving forward. He's almost always good for only 1-2 TD's a season and while he had a couple good yardage seasons the previous 2 years, this last year was a disappointing 400 yards and not worth what he's scheduled to be making. So if he's willing to restructure a his deal for longer, but lower amounts, then re-sign him. If not, then send him on his way.

Hell yeah.....if he's so worried he can take a ride in his Ferrari .

Either way, 2 out of Miami's highly paid receivers have to go, period. I don't care if its Wallace and Gibson or Hartline and Gibson. They have to make room for cheaper, bigger and faster WRs. Keep an eye on Hazel kid. The kid can get open and catch, he as going to be poached before Miami brought him on board.

Honestly I'd rather keep Gibson as an outside option than Hartline at his salary, maybe even at even salaries. If you're keeping Hartline at his present rate you need to give your head a shake. It was a good run for Hart and he's nothing short of a success for a 4th rounder, but his spot desperately needs to be upgraded.

Back
Top Bottom