Armando - Landry could still be traded for right price | Page 23 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Armando - Landry could still be traded for right price

Yea, because wisely we were probably asking for a first. Landy is the true identity of this team, and Gase knows that.

Yup. No team was willing to give a high draft pick AND the salary. Couldn't even get a low 2nd. I'm not saying Landry shouldn't be resigned, but I'm certain his agent is aware of the lack of top offers. I can't see Landry still thinking he deserves top 3 money.

The only team with draft picks and cap room to sign both Landry and OBJ is the Browns. Add in Sam Darnold QB and the Brownies have hope.

That's a cop out. No, Gase doesn't negotiate, but he has input in what a player is worth and when to cut bait. He could have said 'Landry will be here next year.' He didn't. Miami has a top number. They are not aligned with the "whatever it takes" crowd.

That's a cop out. No, Gase doesn't negotiate, but he has input in what a player is worth and when to cut bait. He could have said 'Landry will be here next year.' He didn't. Miami has a top number. They are not aligned with the "whatever it takes" crowd.

It’s not a cop out. It’s a message that it’s Gase’s show and the Dolphins aren’t going to bend over when it comes time for contract negotiation.

If Landry wants a crazy number Gase can’t say he’ll be here next year, because he probably won’t, and rightfully so.

I don't know, I think the implications are obvious: We want him back, but not at Julio Jones money.

Watching Gase's PC today and hearing him talk about Landry, I get the sense he wants him to stay with the team long term. He even joked about how he'll blame Mike if it he can't negotiate a contract extension with Landry.

If we don't come to an agreement $$$ wise, I could see the team using the franchise tag on Juice next year.

Back
Top Bottom