Armando - Miami Dolphins need more talent at two important offensive positions | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Armando - Miami Dolphins need more talent at two important offensive positions

uk_dolfan

Proud Tua Cultist
Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
I'm shocked Mangold is not signed. There is commonality there with Tannenbaum. I also agree with RB, but who the heck is available?

Center/guard type and a veteran defensive tackle who can stuff the run.

Good article....the only thing I disagree with is picking up another RB unless Ajayi goes down of course. Drake should be able to carry the load along with Ajayi.

Mangolds been hurt an awful lot of late. That trend doesn't usually reverse itself.

Probably gonna take more than one practice in pads to light a fire. Of course if you were gonna make a move today or tomorrow would be the day to do it going into an off day.

Plus they think they have the plan to get 16 games out of pounce this year. Makes it unlikely they would do anything

RB is not a big deal. You got 3 quality backs and a decent stable of developmental backs with guys like Perry and Johnson. If Ajayi goes down of course you take a hit, but you could say that about every single position on the team. RB is stronger to handle that than most of the other positions.

Mangold is a solid veteran but he is on the decline and he is looking for a contender and a starting opportunity. All while lessening the tear on his body by not being on a team during camp. The name is sexier than the product IMO. Obviously if Pouncey has a setback they could look in that direction with the Tannenbaum connection but still it is up to Mangold to be satisfied coming here.

For me, with Asiata struggling some, the main issue continues to be guard. Need to have some luck there and have a quality third guard available in case anything happens to our starters. You can have Urbik be the active gameday interior who can come in if a guy goes down at all 3 positions . . . but he needs to be Pouncey insurance and we need a guy who is ready to step in the following week if Bushrod/Larsen go down for an extended period.

get mangold... would love to have him... maybe he wants too much dough

RB is not a big deal. You got 3 quality backs and a decent stable of developmental backs with guys like Perry and Johnson. If Ajayi goes down of course you take a hit, but you could say that about every single position on the team. RB is stronger to handle that than most of the other positions.

Mangold is a solid veteran but he is on the decline and he is looking for a contender and a starting opportunity. All while lessening the tear on his body by not being on a team during camp. The name is sexier than the product IMO. Obviously if Pouncey has a setback they could look in that direction with the Tannenbaum connection but still it is up to Mangold to be satisfied coming here.

For me, with Asiata struggling some, the main issue continues to be guard. Need to have some luck there and have a quality third guard available in case anything happens to our starters. You can have Urbik be the active gameday interior who can come in if a guy goes down at all 3 positions . . . but he needs to be Pouncey insurance and we need a guy who is ready to step in the following week if Bushrod/Larsen go down for an extended period.

Mangold very well could start for Miami based on what Pouncey's health dictates. They can contend can't they? Plus he could stick it up the Jets asses twice a year.

Other than the fact that it's Miami what would Mangold's motivation be to see with the Dolphins. A small amount of money or the likely hood he spends most if not all the season as a backup.

If he were to compete for a Guard spot that's another thing but at this point in the season that ship has sailed.

Unless someone loses a starter and ponies up 4+ million I think Nick is done with football.

The dude has made a fortune and his body has taken a toll.

Asiata gets a pass, he's a rookie plus it is really early Training camp, he will learn what it takes to be a professional from conditioning to strength training.

Mangold very well could start for Miami based on what Pouncey's health dictates. They can contend can't they? Plus he could stick it up the Jets asses twice a year.

Miami is banking on 16 games from Pouncey with Urbik being a more than capable back up if that plan goes awry. My guess is until Pouncey has a setback, they are content with the guys they have in house at center.

They may have reached out to him already, but from everything I have heard, Nick wants a starting opportunity for a contender and Miami probably told him that he has no shot to start over Mike Pouncey if healthy. So Nick is waiting on the sidelines until something pops up . . . which usually does once preseason gets going.

He is still a quality pass blocker but he isn't the run blocker he used to be.

More intriguing to me if he opens himself up to playing guard, but I think that option would intrigue quite a few teams.

Back
Top Bottom