Armando - Miami Dolphins need more talent at two important offensive positions | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Armando - Miami Dolphins need more talent at two important offensive positions

Asiata gets a pass, he's a rookie plus it is really early Training camp, he will learn what it takes to be a professional from conditioning to strength training.

Hell we gave Dallas Thomas 4 years, we certainly can give Asiata more than a few days into his first training camp. Pouncey was on the radio this morning and had a lot of positive to say about the kid and the amount of different things being thrown at him.

If we are giving him a pass, then we need to sure up that backup guard spot . . . because right now its Asiata and Brendal, and we have 2 30+ plus guys starting.

Would love if he made jumps in the next few weeks and proves to be a candidate to be that 3rd guard.

Miami is banking on 16 games from Pouncey with Urbik being a more than capable back up if that plan goes awry. My guess is until Pouncey has a setback, they are content with the guys they have in house at center.

They may have reached out to him already, but from everything I have heard, Nick wants a starting opportunity for a contender and Miami probably told him that he has no shot to start over Mike Pouncey if healthy. So Nick is waiting on the sidelines until something pops up . . . which usually does once preseason gets going.

He is still a quality pass blocker but he isn't the run blocker he used to be.

More intriguing to me if he opens himself up to playing guard, but I think that option would intrigue quite a few teams.
I really can't understand how Miami could possibly count on 16 games from Pouncey. They need to be planning on when he gets hurt, not if.

I really can't understand how Miami could possibly count on 16 games from Pouncey. They need to be planning on when he gets hurt, not if.

The plan is Kraig Urbik and to a lesser extent Anthony Steen. Guys who were in this role a year ago and had success in helping Miami get into the playoffs.

I shouldn't say Miami is "banking" on 16 games from Pouncey, but they have a feeling that the approach they are taking with Mike will help him play 16 games.

I'm not saying it is a perfect plan, or a correct one, but we all need to face it . . . Adam Gase, hell the organization, have put the value of having Mike Pouncey on this team and in the lineup as high as any piece on this team. They feel he is that important and they want to do everything possible to make sure he is part of this team and that offensive line unit.

Signing Nick Mangold is not an option until their plan A shows some cracks.

Don't forget that Mangold probably expects to be paid top $. Tannenbaum probably knows him really well having drafted him for the Jets. Also remember the money we have up our sleeve could also go towards the Jarvis Landry long term deal. I wouldn't be rushing to pay an aging Mangold top $. The plan is to keep Pouncey and I'm comfortable with it.

Miami is banking on 16 games from Pouncey with Urbik being a more than capable back up if that plan goes awry. My guess is until Pouncey has a setback, they are content with the guys they have in house at center.

They may have reached out to him already, but from everything I have heard, Nick wants a starting opportunity for a contender and Miami probably told him that he has no shot to start over Mike Pouncey if healthy. So Nick is waiting on the sidelines until something pops up . . . which usually does once preseason gets going.

He is still a quality pass blocker but he isn't the run blocker he used to be.

More intriguing to me if he opens himself up to playing guard, but I think that option would intrigue quite a few teams.

I'd still prefer Mangold as depth. If he doesn't want that that's on him.

I'd bet money that they are gonna role with pouncey urbik bushrod and Larsen as their top 4 interior into the regular season opener.

Urbik can play any position on the interior they know that he can compete with Larsen at left guard if pounce plays and at worst be the depth active interior pivot along with Sam young as the tackle active depth. If pounceys out he starts on the pivot. I don't think the teams counting on Asiata this year at all.

Jake brendel is the kind of athlete this team needs on the pivot he just needs to show he has the strength and anchor to handle it. Red shirt year did him some good getting an NFL body wise. Anthony Steen is the one who that should be sweating brendel.

Only way I see a back added is if Ajayi is down extended cause there's no way I want to live in a world where I have to give the ball 15 times per to Kenyan drake as a runner.

This is an older article, from May actually, but it still rings true. I'm still confused as to why the front office won't/didn't go after a big time interior OL, whether it be in the draft or free agency.

We need a center badly. The issue is that we need all the competition we can get for the guard spot and if Pouncey gets hurt our best guard is likely going to center. Not good.

Back
Top Bottom