Armando Salguero: Dolphins confident they can land Suh | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Armando Salguero: Dolphins confident they can land Suh

FinAtic8480

Active Roster
Reaction score
We are one day away (Saturday at noon) before the Dolphins, and a every other NFL team, is able to officially contact pending NFL free agent players. No visits are allowed until Tuesday but contact with agents is allowed as this is the official tampering window.

The Dolphins will be calling agent Jimmy Sexton to discuss their interest in signing the Detroit Lions defensive tackle who is hitting free agency. The Dolphins will definitely be in the Suh chase, according to multiple sources.

(Most team sources have dried up on this topic. But the walls have ears at the Davie facility).

I'm told the Dolphins are confident they're going to put a great offer on the table for Suh. They are confident they can get him. They are not certain because, obviously, this is a still a competition.

Teams that are expected to also show interest include Oakland, Indianapolis, Jacksonville, and perhaps Tennessee. Detroit remains a remote possibility for a return.

The discussions between Suh's agent and the Dolphins will include a repeat of the message the team has already heard unofficially: Suh wants to be the NFL's highest-paid player (negotiable) but definitely its highest-paid non-quarterback (not negotiable).
And then the sides can begin laying parameters for a what it is going to take. It is going to take a deal in the vicinity of $102 million over six years. The final deal will average out near $17 million per season but that isn't the important number.

The important numbers are that the deal will have to include about $30-32 million that is fully guaranteed with another $20-$25 million in additional guarantees.

Of that $100-plus million, Suh is going to want a huge chunk in the first three years. That will mean approximately $55 million in the first three years which will be the actual and true money on this coming deal.
And someone will give Suh what he wants. Simply, he is the most dominant defensive free agent to come along in a long time.

http://miamiherald.typepad.com/dolp...son-welcome-to-the-remaking-of-a-defense.html

I dont buy into Armando or Omar....the only one that i kind of think has maybe some inside info is Barry Jackson & Beasley

I miss Volin that guy was something else i remember how he called Mike Wallace before anyone

I dont buy into Armando or Omar....the only one that i kind of think has maybe some inside info is Barry Jackson & Beasley

I miss Volin that guy was something else i remember how he called Mike Wallace before anyone

Armando and Omar are not the only ones saying it. Pretty much everyone in the media is, including Barry Jackson. Usually Armando and Omar are the ones that pour ice on everything.

John Clayton said we are probably the front runner as well. Rarely ever hear him be wrong

Is that 17mil a year as in 17 mill this year and it only gets higher?..... Yea I think I'd pass then.

John Clayton said we are probably the front runner as well. Rarely ever hear him be wrong

John Clayton is garbage. Back in the day he used to be reliable but over the past 7-8 years or so he's joined the ranks of ESPN trash.

Is that 17mil a year as in 17 mill this year and it only gets higher?..... Yea I think I'd pass then.

Year one they would set it up so the cap hit is like $4 mill. Then the following years it would jump greatly. Just like they did with Wallace. It wouldn't be as bad as you think.

If we can get Suh, then we need to do it. Yeah they can structure the contract to where his cap hit the first year wouldn't be so bad, then jump up significantly afterwards. But the cap space is supposed to jump significantly also so we can absorb those increased cap hits better. But getting Suh would transform our team and make everybody better, not just our defense.

So, what I haven't read, and maybe I missed it and was hoping someone could tell me - why has Detroit even allowed this guy to hit the open market? Is their cap situation bad? Does Suh know his own financial potential and wanted to create a bidding war for his services? Besides the couple of stomping on body part issues, I've never heard a bad thing about him, no legal troubles, sounds smart as hell when you listen to him talk...

So, what I haven't read, and maybe I missed it and was hoping someone could tell me - why has Detroit even allowed this guy to hit the open market? Is their cap situation bad? Does Suh know his own financial potential and wanted to create a bidding war for his services? Besides the couple of stomping on body part issues, I've never heard a bad thing about him, no legal troubles, sounds smart as hell when you listen to him talk...

Detroit already has a lot of money tied up in Stafford and Megatron and don't want to give out a 3rd huge contract like that, plus they're other 2 DTs are free agents as well. But there's also rumors that things have gotten a little sour between Suh and Detroit's FO.

It's easy to go either way on this. On the one hand of course I'd love for us to have a dominating player like him. They don't come around often. On the other hand he'll take a big chunk of the cap and if something goes wrong then we're screw big time.

Ozzy rules!!

There is no DT like Suh out there in their prime. end of story. pay him. Once you get to this level, the money is just semantics. I mean, Suh to us at 17 mil is now currently way better deal than Peyton Manning at 16 mil at his stage of career which most agree is he is on his way out. body is breaking down.

....just give him this..

P1030639.jpg

Pouncy is going to have his hands full in practice if they get this guy..

Back
Top Bottom