Armando Salguero: Dolphins confident they can land Suh | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Armando Salguero: Dolphins confident they can land Suh

I think the initial headlines numbers being thrown out have a tendency to be exaggerated...especially if they are only coming from Suh's side of the equation.

If we do sign Suh, I expect the numbers to be slightly lower then Watt and they will spin the Fl tax exemption # to say on an equivalent basis it is > Watt's deal.

I live in Arizona and yesterday the local sports news was talking about the cards losing Darnell Docket and one of the guys mentioned Suh, that cards fans have been calling in and mentioning Suh and both the sportscasters said emphatically that Miami has locked up the Suh deal and they would have to force something real stupid at the last minute too lose him.

There is fire peering through the smoke now and I am positive we are throwing the sink at him and do not plan on him leaving us without a deal.

But, the raiders. They are a dark cloud looming. And as I said yesterday, Oakland is much closer to momma and homies back home in Portland Oregon and they have mass cash available. They need a lot on that team but they know this a ground up rebuild and they have their cornerstone qb to build the offense around and Suh would be the defensive cornerstone.

If, and its an if, Suh is jacking up a raider run for momma, the deal Oakland would have to pay out, especially the extra money to overcome Sun's no income/ state tax demand after the miami killer deal is laid out is beyond stratospheric and would be a much, much riskier deal for them and more devestating should Suh go down or be long time suspended than miami would. We have a lot more in place right now and a bogus hit from Suh would kill any big free agent player deals for them for several years and forcing them to draft lights out and not being a competitor for a long, long time.

But Suh is a big time player, maybe the best in the game that is a true double team buster. You build around this type of playmaker and unless your sitting in the right spot in the draft like Detroit was, teams almost never see this kind of player on their team. They don't hit free agency and only when they are far past their prime are they available.

Suh is exactly the type of player miami has needed for over 2 decades, Hugh Green being the last sure fire difference maker we landed besides marino since then. We have needed a some quality over quantity drafts and f/a off seasons for years. Suh is exactly the place to start for miami to begin our long over due resurgence.

I think the initial headlines numbers being thrown out have a tendency to be exaggerated...especially if they are only coming from Suh's side of the equation.

If we do sign Suh, I expect the numbers to be slightly lower then Watt and they will spin the Fl tax exemption # to say on an equivalent basis it is > Watt's deal.

No state tax in Texas either.

A week ago I would've thought "Alright. We'll just get Odrick and then draft a DT." Never even thought about Suh once. Didn't even want him at the time but for this to come out of nowhere, I'm slightly optimistic. Because it's his agent, not Suh, making the decision I think we have a legit shot with Sexton and Tannenbaum having a strong connection. Just make Suh the right offer and he's ours.

It makes seems Suh would coke to Miami, hickey and tannenbaum like to go after big names and talented players with there $.

Hickeys last big signing in TB was Revos and Tannenbaum spent big to make it to 2 AFC championships.

But lets not forget, Armando hasn't had sources in this organization since Jeff Ireland left.

I would still be stunned if we signed him.

I would still be stunned if we signed him.

One thing is for certain . . . we sign him . . . . EVERYBODY's job is on the line in 2015.

You can't put up 8-8 with a 4th year upcoming QB and the highest paid defensive player in football. Some January football needs to be played.

One thing is for certain . . . we sign him . . . . EVERYBODY's job is on the line in 2015.

You can't put up 8-8 with a 4th year upcoming QB and the highest paid defensive player in football. Some January football needs to be played.

yea, but I just cant see it happening at all.

Apparently he has said he will go where his agent sends him.....and have you seen the amount of cap space Oakland have? And they cleared more yesterday! State tax or not, if they really want him they will blow us out of the water financially.

A week ago I would've thought "Alright. We'll just get Odrick and then draft a DT." Never even thought about Suh once. Didn't even want him at the time but for this to come out of nowhere, I'm slightly optimistic. Because it's his agent, not Suh, making the decision I think we have a legit shot with Sexton and Tannenbaum having a strong connection. Just make Suh the right offer and he's ours.

I was too but then they saw him at Lauderdale airport and its like he is camped out there. Dominik and others saying we are it just speaks much like Wallace deal where he never left and other mentioned were second fiddle.

Tannenbaum wont let this guy leave. They are burning the midnight oil every night here. Tommorrow could be a great day.

I have extended family members and friends who are Bills fans. Trust me, they would not like us to get Suh.

yea, but I just cant see it happening at all.

Apparently he has said he will go where his agent sends him.....and have you seen the amount of cap space Oakland have? And they cleared more yesterday! State tax or not, if they really want him they will blow us out of the water financially.

This is true . . . in the end, Suh/his agent make the decision. Stephen Ross could of offered more money than anybody in 2012 when Peyton Manning was available . . . combined with a "no state tax" pitch. Don't matter if the guy doesn't accept it . . . for whatever reasoning.

New England has big money also . . . with them letting go Big Vince, it would not shock me to see them become an interested party either.

This is true . . . in the end, Suh/his agent make the decision. Stephen Ross could of offered more money than anybody in 2012 when Peyton Manning was available . . . combined with a "no state tax" pitch. Don't matter if the guy doesn't accept it . . . for whatever reasoning.

New England has big money also . . . with them letting go Big Vince, it would not shock me to see them become an interested party either.

I almost just threw up...

Jesus... Suh with that linebacker core behind him? That would be filthy..

**** you for suggesting that...

Now I'm going to be thinking about them rolling into 2015 with Suh opposite Dallas Thomas twice a year...****, ****, ****ity ****

Suh doesnt fit that defensive front.

Would you change for Suh? Maybe, but thats not Bills style.

Back
Top Bottom