Armando Salguero: Dolphins confident they can land Suh | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Armando Salguero: Dolphins confident they can land Suh

Suh doesnt fit that defensive front.

Would you change for Suh? Maybe, but thats not Bills style.

Bill runs more of a hybrid defense. He has run both a 4-3 and a 3-4 at New England. Last year was more 3-4 but he literally just switched back to a 3-4 in 2014. Had a lot to do with the solid LB group and getting those guys on the field.

---------- Post added at 10:02 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:00 AM ----------

**** you for suggesting that...

Now I'm going to be thinking about them rolling into 2015 with Suh opposite Dallas Thomas twice a year...****, ****, ****ity ****

I think they are clearing space for Revis TBH, but they have money to burn with tons of future cap space.

Bill usually finds a good defensive lineman, so it wouldn't be his style to overpay for one. Hell Vince never made more than 8 million per season and he was the elite NT of the past decade.

Just saying, if they wanted to be players, they could be.

yea, but I just cant see it happening at all.

Apparently he has said he will go where his agent sends him.....and have you seen the amount of cap space Oakland have? And they cleared more yesterday! State tax or not, if they really want him they will blow us out of the water financially.

Apparently Oakland has prioritized getting Cobb and Julius Thomas over Suh

Apparently Oakland has prioritized getting Cobb and Julius Thomas over Suh

Makes sense. They have a young QB that they love and could really get him weapons in a hurry if they draft White/Cooper and bring in Cobb/Thomas to go along with James Jones and Rivera at TE.

Apparently he has said he will go where his agent sends him.....and have you seen the amount of cap space Oakland have? And they cleared more yesterday! State tax or not, if they really want him they will blow us out of the water financially.

Suh wants to go to a contender so that takes Oakland(Jac,Ten) out. Oak might have a lot of cap space but for them to blow our offer "out of the water" they would need to blow their franchise out of the water for the next 3-6 years.

So what's the deal? We can hear as soon as 4 pm today that an agreement has been reached?

They can negotiate starting tomorrow (directly), but nothing can be announced until 4pm on the 10th

We will definitely hear leaks about deals starting tomorrow but nothing is official until Tuesday

Year one they would set it up so the cap hit is like $4 mill. Then the following years it would jump greatly. Just like they did with Wallace. It wouldn't be as bad as you think.

If we do sign Suh I doubt the first year of the contract is as low as $4million. He's projected to get up to $55 million in the first 3 years of the contract. If you just pay him $4 mil the first year that mean you'll have cap hits averaging $25
5 million the 2nd and 3rd years of the contract. Possible but probably unlikely. Also possible though that they run the guaranteed money deeper into the contract i suppose, but that seems rare anymore.

But Suh is a big time player, maybe the best in the game that is a true double team buster. You build around this type of playmaker and unless your sitting in the right spot in the draft like Detroit was, teams almost never see this kind of player on their team. They don't hit free agency and only when they are far past their prime are they available.

Suh is exactly the type of player miami has needed for over 2 decades, Hugh Green being the last sure fire difference maker we landed besides marino since then. We have needed a some quality over quantity drafts and f/a off seasons for years. Suh is exactly the place to start for miami to begin our long over due resurgence.

Thank you! This debate over should we or shouldn't we can end now after everyone reads this. Suh is the type of player this team has been missing for a long time. He makes every single player on our defense better as well as our o-line, rb, and qb for having to go against such a force in training camp. It's funny to me how everyone that so against the signing of this guy are the same people bitching and bitching about giving all these guys (Wheeler, Elerbe, Wallace, and such) big contracts only to turn around three years later and dump them. Then in the same breath telling us how Suh will kill all of our other Fa signings to fill holes???? Ummm isn't that what we did with those other guys mentioned? Giving players who had a good prior year but not near elite level players big contracts to fill holes? Suh has been a dominant force his entire career, right out the gate was and has been a top 3 defensive player in the league. Signing a guy like Suh who is an elite player to an elite contract doesn't hurt teams. Signing second tier guys like Ellerbe and Wallace to elite player type contracts is what does. Also to anyone who says Suh is not on Watts level gtfo I like Watt and he's a great, hall of fame type player, but to suggest that Suh is not right there with him is just ignorant and not even close to truth. Get this guy in here Miami and let's see our defense become a real force next year. Also think this may even add a year or two to Wakes career with us

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I live in Boston, NE will not chase Suh, bank on it. They have no money. They cut wilfork to keep Revis under contract, tag Gostkowski. Until they renegotiate revis, they have nowhere near the money to sign Suh.

Cap space is meaningless. All that matters is guaranteed money. You can work the numbers around to fit under the cap. If Ross is willing to fork over the guaranteed money the Dolphins will be in the running to land Suh.

I do this in a heartbeat. See Mario Williams - looked like a terribly stupid move by the Bills when they paid him $96MM - now look at their defense. With a QB they are a SB contender - I am not exaggerating - they have the backs, receivers, kicker (ha-ha),defense - built around the havoc Williams creates. Suh would tilt the scales for us - we have the QB, our D would be great - suddenly you have to take us seriously as playoff team that can get to the SB.

I do this in a heartbeat. See Mario Williams - looked like a terribly stupid move by the Bills when they paid him $96MM - now look at their defense. With a QB they are a SB contender - I am not exaggerating - they have the backs, receivers, kicker (ha-ha),defense - built around the havoc Williams creates. Suh would tilt the scales for us - we have the QB, our D would be great - suddenly you have to take us seriously as playoff team that can get to the SB.

I say We pay him his money . He's everything we need right now . And then we gotta hit on a solid player or two in this draft who can start . Either corner , guard , wr or mlb in the first round .

Wait a minute, I'm confused. Just 10 minutes ago you said we have the weakest roster in the division. As great as I think Suh will be for us, you think he'd make THAT big of a difference?

Back
Top Bottom