Armando Salguero: Dolphins need Pete Kendall at LG | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Armando Salguero: Dolphins need Pete Kendall at LG

BAMAPHIN 22

FinHeaven Elite
Reaction score
The answer then? Kendall, people!!!

I grant you Kendall is 34 years old and that doesn't exactly mean the guy will be in his prime. But the Dolphins went out and got a quarterback who is three years older. And yes, Kendall wants to make around $2.8 million. I'm sure the Dolphins could work that number down somewhat and, bottom line, quality players cost money.

Kendall is just the guy to bring some nastiness to Miami's OL. He has a history with GM Randy Mueller dating back to their Seattle days, and it would be great to deliver a fresh one across the face of the Jets by getting one of their starting-caliber linemen.

http://dolphinsindepth.blogspot.com/2007/07/dolphins-need-pete-kendall-at-lg.html

I concur , ibut if we cant get him then we need to trade a wr and rb for a veteran left tackle .

He's making 1.7 from the Jets now. If he is released, he will be looking for more than that for 1 year. Enough teams will be interested in obtainting a starting LG who can play center and rg if needed to pay him 2.8 or more in this market.

Too many teams with money and needs on the OL. More likely, he'll get a 3yr deal with a bonus. Would the Fins go for that?

We NEED to get kendall down here. He can possibly mean 1 or 2 wins if hes solid.. not to mention we cripple the jets just a little bit more

He's making 1.7 from the Jets now. If he is released, he will be looking for more than that for 1 year. Enough teams will be interested in obtainting a starting LG who can play center and rg if needed to pay him 2.8 or more in this market.

Too many teams with money and needs on the OL. More likely, he'll get a 3yr deal with a bonus. Would the Fins go for that?
yea i dont think the dolphins have a real shot at him to many teams need o-line men

im not sure if any of u r from the nj area but i read the local ny papers everyday and let me say that jest front office is treating kendall like crap..he is practicing with the 2nd team for starters and they have put him in the rookies dorm...and the jets have put a gag order on him and his agent...some say they r stalling to release him so it is harder for him to catch on to a new team and learn there offensive sheme..just thought i share that with every 1

I would be great to get him in Miami, but I agree that it wont be easy.

Really good Olinemen aren't so easy to find these days. Some of them are getting big money simply because of supply and demand probably ... like that new lineman the Cowboys got from the Cardinals. Leonard Davis. That guy better be good for all the money they gave him. The Cardinals line wasn't too good last year I know that ... just ask Edge James.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2787446

"The Dallas Cowboys have agreed to terms on a seven-year, $49.6 million contract with free agent offensive lineman Leonard Davis, the second pick in the 2001 NFL draft who has played the last six seasons for the Arizona Cardinals.

Davis will receive $24 million over the first three years of the contract, and $18.75 million of Davis' contract is guaranteed."

Definite veteran help. Could cover for LT Carey in his duties and could even play C also should Satele falter a bit early on in the season.

I just found some YouTube of Pete Kendall from training camp this weekend. He doesn't sound like a happy camper to me.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vwF3zdIHrEM

It sure doesn't look like Mangini is being a man-genius with Kendall. Their 1st round guy Revis hasn't signed either. Things aren't so peachy in Jetland it appears. Maybe Mangini will get Tony Soprano to go "talk" to him. He actually did a cameo on the show last year. :chuckle:

"Pete Kendall isn't happy. And that might be the understatement of the year. After running almost exclusively with the second team during the morning practice, the guard let loose. Talking to the news media in the hot sun, venom was spewing from Kendall's chowder-thick Boston accent. Kendall was irate that he was in the rookie dormitory. Mangini addressed the issue in his press conference, saying that he wasn't into conspiracy theories or grassy knolls and it was a mistake. But then again, you didn't see Chad Pennington or Jon Vilma rooming with the neophytes. Kendall stressed again, with proverbial steam coming out of his ears, that he wanted to be released. But he did show up for the afternoon practice and ran with the second team. Jets general manager Mike Tannenbaum told us that there was nothing new to report on the Kendall situation and he's under contract.

Additionally, first-round pick Darrelle Revis is a camp no-show despite both the pick in front of him (Adam Carriker) and behind him (Lawrence Timmons) being in camp. Tannenbaum says negotiations are ongoing. But nobody was pleased that the player they traded up for in round 1 was missing valuable time."

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/7072050

im not sure if any of u r from the nj area but i read the local ny papers everyday and let me say that jest front office is treating kendall like crap..he is practicing with the 2nd team for starters and they have put him in the rookies dorm...and the jets have put a gag order on him and his agent...some say they r stalling to release him so it is harder for him to catch on to a new team and learn there offensive sheme..just thought i share that with every 1

I read about that yesterday and thought it is a real classless move by NY. I'm just wondering why it's not getting more press by the national media.

Back
Top Bottom