Armando Salguero:Dolphins signing Glenn would make no sense | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Armando Salguero:Dolphins signing Glenn would make no sense

I strongly agree with the central premise of the article and find it hard to believe so many around here are willing to go back to the same old Dolphin waves that land on the loser’s shore.

Post surgeries and more pending --- Glenn vintage ’08 is not the same as ’05-’06. And it would be a sign of shortsightedness to reach for a player who’s one step away from crutches when we have young, healthy talent to DEVELOP!

Wow, STOP being so incredibly reactive and give the process some time (i.e., building a team via youth and player development as opposed to a patchwork of has-beens)!

Wait, Glenn is going to take a starting roster WR spot, but somehow, magically, all our developmental WR will still get on the field the same amount? That's fantastic logic! Maybe Glenn going down in week 4 wouldn't affect our chemistry, maybe it will. Personally, I'd rather not take that chance, since it's quite clear our QB's need every little bit of help they can get.

With his age, condition....The other guys will see the field. I never said they would get the same amount of time. Also we can't have all our WR's as developmental guys, that will be detrimental to our young QBs.

Our QB's best chance is having Glenn there rather than not. So if your worried about our QBs, glenn should not be an issue. He could only build confidence.

With all the talk of Glenn as a “mentor,” and “positive influence for the young receivers,” I say hire him as a mentor/coach and save the roster spot for someone with two healthy legs and potential in the forward, as opposed to the rearward, direction.

I HATE Armando, he is such a hypocritical negative ***. What’s funny is that he advocated the Phins go out and sign a player like Glenn a few days before writing this article.

http://miamiherald.typepad.com/dolphins_in_depth/2008/07/no-boldin-or-gl.html

"We're up and running at training camp and the Dolphins have just announced ... breathless, I am ... the signing of Anthony Armstrong to help their receivers corps.
That's apparently how it's going to be around here.
Never mind that Terry Glenn is available. Never mind that Anquan Boldin wants a quick ticket out of Arizona and would love to play in Miami. The Dolphins got Anthony Armstrong who spent the past two years with the Dallas Desperados of the Arena Football League."
Wow. :lol:

I can't stand Armando. He writes like he's jealous of Feff Darlington getting all the national media attention.

Anyway.. Is Glenn in South Florida even? For a guy who is supposed to be here getting looked at there isn't a whole lot of talk. Has there even been a sighting?

well we have Wilford, Ginn, Hagan, Camarillo....thats about it.

(along with our undrafted guys). adding Glenn surely wont HURT us, even if he helps a tiny bit, im all for it. our offensive line is looking good, but we are gonna suck on offense without receivers to throw to

This guy is a complete moron. I'm not saying Glenn is a great signing but Salguero is definitely a fool. Maybe one day soon it will be Salguero and LeBeturd on PTI.

This guy is a complete moron. I'm not saying Glenn is a great signing but Salguero is definitely a fool. Maybe one day soon it will be Salguero and LeBeturd on PTI.
No one would ever watch that. ESPN would have to remove PTI if that ever happened.

I could contribute more to the Phins, I'll have a friend vouch for me that I played on the cowboys, now wheres my phone call!

Back
Top Bottom