Armando Salguero: Dolphins still considering Umenyiora, Dumervil not contacted yet | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Armando Salguero: Dolphins still considering Umenyiora, Dumervil not contacted yet

Osi, Vollmer/Winston and Grimes... would finish a dream offseason.

The thing I don't like abou Osi's attitude is in a recent interview he stated his goal was to win defensive player of the year. Now of course that would help the fins win but most team players at least make the minor effort to say something along the lines of "help the team win" or "get deep in the playoffs" yada yada. I just feel that he is looking for a last payday and might not be the best for cohesion on the really good front 7 we already have.

With that said, if I'm wrong about his character I'd love to have his ability here. Book ending with Wake and having guys like Vernon and Odrick helping out will make it a long day for QBs.

If true, this tells me we are only interested in a DE if we can get them for 6mil or less a year. Elvis was supposedly willing to stay in Denver for 8mill, but with the mistake made in their "fax-gate" issue and cap hit they got stuck with, I'm guessing they are still offering around 7 to get him back. Fins won't consider him unless he comes down to the 6 or less range. Thus why I think they are considering Osi to be a situational pass-rusher for even less per year. Only if their price comes down will we consider any of them.

Makes no sense to me why we wouldnt offer Elvis the $8 million annually we were willing to pay Long.

We clearly have the money. The article admitted its believed he would be a fit. Whats the problem?

The thing I don't like abou Osi's attitude is in a recent interview he stated his goal was to win defensive player of the year. Now of course that would help the fins win but most team players at least make the minor effort to say something along the lines of "help the team win" or "get deep in the playoffs" yada yada. I just feel that he is looking for a last payday and might not be the best for cohesion on the really good front 7 we already have.

With that said, if I'm wrong about his character I'd love to have his ability here. Book ending with Wake and having guys like Vernon and Odrick helping out will make it a long day for QBs.

He's always had a BIG ego. If he can back it up, and for the most part, he has, I'll take him yesterday.

And with 11 picks, I see no reason we should't pick up a couple young studs (with a young NT also, Soliai is a FA next year) and start teaching them to bite!! We've been tremendously lucky that Wake hasn't been injured, cause our depth in pass rushing is ZERO, they just can't brake the plain...Now, JJones, Carradine, Moore, or Mingo in RD 1...a good beggining

Makes no sense to me why we wouldnt offer Elvis the $8 million annually we were willing to pay Long.

We clearly have the money. The article admitted its believed he would be a fit. Whats the problem?

The problem is that Elvis is 5'11, sucks against the run, and is more suited to play 3-4 outside linebacker as opposed to a 4-3 end.

The problem is that Elvis is 5'11, sucks against the run, and is more suited to play 3-4 outside linebacker as opposed to a 4-3 end.

Elvis has proven he can play in either system at a pro-bowl level, as its apparent with his 46.5 career sacks(in 5 years) in a 4-3 or whatever ass backwards defense Shannahan threw together at the time. People remember him for his league leading 17 sacks in a 3-4....yet people also forget he was playing under Mike Nolan that season. Nolan always puts his defensive players in the best position to succeed, much as we saw with Wake's 14 sack season.

Size is only a negative if they show they struggle at their job. Dumervil clearly hasnt let his size be a problem in the past.

And stopping the run has never been less important. I'll take double digit sack seasons over someone who is strong against the run.

I saw that too and loved that he said that, it makes me want him more, it seems he has a chip on his shoulder.

The number one factor is money. I mean Miami has a lot of nice things but nobody is coming here cheaper. Wallace signed for the money, Ellerbee signed for the money, Wheeler signed for the money.
One thing that was always false that FA's wouldnt come here well besides Peyton we will never know why he had no interest in us, maybe he didnt see us as contenders but money was still main factor

Money is the biggest factor, but one other big thing is being considered a team on the upswing, with a QB that can take us places. We didn't have that prior to last year, so not surprisingly, Ross' money wasn't as popular.

Back
Top Bottom