Armando Salguero: Dolphins to address protection for Ryan Tannehill | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Armando Salguero: Dolphins to address protection for Ryan Tannehill

J. David Wannyheimer

Writing in pencil on laminated cards since 2011
Club Member
Reaction score
http://miamiherald.typepad.com/dolp...to-address-protection-for-ryan-tannehill.html

I heard this from a Miami Dolphins source over the weekend: "You were right about Dallas Thomas. And we were wrong."

And so the Dolphins will address the guard spot this offseason. Previously, I wrote the Dolphins likely wouldn't be doing much with their guards, at least not with big-time free agents or high draft picks. But we we were still in-season, the team had a different general manager, and the new coach hadn't been hired.

All that has changed now and so has the team's intentions as it pertains to the offensive line.

By the way, there will be other ways the Dolphins intend to protect Tannehill. It will have to do with the tempo of the offense -- they want to speed it up a bit. It'll have to do with routes run and the timing of the quarterback and receivers.

So my takeaway from this is that it only took Adam Gase two days of watching film to figure out that 63 is hot garbage. Well, good for Adam Gase. He's already the smartest guy we've had in the building in four years. We only had to send a couple of dozen people to the hospital playing the Dallas Thomas drinking game; maybe there won't be any more victims.

Huh, how would Gase know what Armando has been saying for years and why would Armando reply to said source I was right about Philbin in 2013 too?

my grandma could have figured that out and she does not watch football... Dallas here is your pink slip

Huh, how would Gase know what Armando has been saying for years and why would Armando reply to said source I was right about Philbin in 2013 too?

Well, obviously someone else in the front office is Armando's source, but this is a huge about-face from the last thing he was told from inside about the guard position. Just a few weeks ago we heard that the team thought the guards were 'fine' and that they were 'pleased' with how they were developing. Now, two days after we have a new coach and nine days after we have a new GM, they concede that we have a penalty-prone ragdoll playing LG. Our coach also wants to play with more tempo to try to help out the OL.

There is hope.

tempo and no dallas thomas...there is a god

How long have people been asking for that on this forum, at least 2 seasons? Its ridiculous it took so long. What a joke that offensive system was under Philbin and Lazor.

My wife knows how horrible Dallas Thomas is but yet the FO/coaching staff didn't....lol

Ozzy rules

naked_gun_condom_full_body_ridiculous_se-1.jpg

Thank God Tannehill hasn't been a direct victim of Thomas yet. Albert sure was last year. Who else???

How long have people been asking for that on this forum, at least 2 seasons? Its ridiculous it took so long. What a joke that offensive system was under Philbin and Lazor.

Tannenbaum also bought in since he didn't address the OG position last year when he had a chance at Evan Mathis.

Tannenbaum also bought in since he didn't address the OG position last year when he had a chance at Evan Mathis.

some of this stuff reads like tannebaum trying to throw other people under the bus to the media for his mistakes

some of this stuff reads like tannebaum trying to throw other people under the bus to the media for his mistakes

I'm guessing Tannebaum did what he normally did, didn't watch film on the Fins, then took the HC's evaluation as face value when told the in house OG options are/will be fine. Which is just crazy because after watching 1 game any outsider should be able to tell the G play was horrible. It became apparent in the preseason something should have been done and it wasn't. Tannebaum can't hide from that. IMO the poor G play sabotaged the offensive just as much as the poor game planning.

Back
Top Bottom