Armando Salguero: Dolphins to address protection for Ryan Tannehill | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Armando Salguero: Dolphins to address protection for Ryan Tannehill

I hope Gase makes it a point to the FO to start analyzing tape like he does. If they all want to be on the same page, they all need to be doing the same research methods.

First of all, there is no chance that this came from Gase. This is clearly from the holdovers who are trying to pass off responsibility for all past mistakes on anyone who is no longer in the building.

I think that the sudden changing of their tune on 63, who was a pet favorite of the last staff, combined with the nugget that they want more tempo on offense, is likely to have come from the new coach. I don't even like Mike Tannenbaum, but I think we are going overboard with the paranoia on him.

First and foremost, he did try to get Mathis.

Secondly, I hate the assumption that someone 'bought in' due to something not being address. That is farse. Could always be the options available aren't desirable. You can't address every hole all the time.

We offered Mathis peanuts and everyone knows it. And he bought in cause his analytics told him it would work. I remember seeing some analytics chart with Billy Turner's name at the top.

am I the only one who had more of a problem with Fox then anyone else on the line?

between all of the holding penalties and whiffs...it was crazy he was even still playing.

Fox needs to go too but he was never meant to be a starter....dallas thomas as a starter is mind boggling...opposing dlines were probably licking their chops knowing miami was coming up on the schedule

dallas Thomas personnel wise is the main reason this team was behind the sticks as much as it was...if he wasn't 3 yards in the backfield at the poa on the run he was false starting or blowing blocks in space and terrible in pass protection

3rd and 8 plus a big part of that is dallas thomas

We offered Mathis peanuts and everyone knows it. And he bought in cause his analytics told him it would work. I remember seeing some analytics chart with Billy Turner's name at the top.

Great catch. Great catch. I remember that, too. It had something to do with projected improvement based on the number of days they came in the building during the off-season or some crap like that.

dallas Thomas was leading that chart

this is an addition by subtraction...get it out of the building so it isn't even an option any more

this is the 2015 Philip wheeler except its been this way for 3 damn years...not much unlike that wheeler disaster

pink slip it

So will someone tell me why we haven't cut Dallas Thomas yet??!!! He should've been cut by now. When you're like the worst rated starting guard in the entire NFL then you need to be in the unemployment line.

And there were plenty of people around here crowing when Mathis struggled the first few weeks. Let's not forget that.

I think that the sudden changing of their tune on 63, who was a pet favorite of the last staff, combined with the nugget that they want more tempo on offense, is likely to have come from the new coach. I don't even like Mike Tannenbaum, but I think we are going overboard with the paranoia on him.

I'm not paranoid about Tannenbaum. I don't think he's the guy who should be running this franchise. But I have a really, really tough time believing that within 48 hours of being hired, Gase is going to start leaking his evaluation of players to Armando. No chance. Much more likely to be Grier or Tannenbaum, who do not want the stink of Dallas Thomas and 2015's failures all over them.

So will someone tell me why we haven't cut Dallas Thomas yet??!!! He should've been cut by now. When you're like the worst rated starting guard in the entire NFL then you need to be in the unemployment line.

Works hard in the off-season. Ties his shoelaces. Shows up for meetings early.

I'm not paranoid about Tannenbaum. I don't think he's the guy who should be running this franchise. But I have a really, really tough time believing that within 48 hours of being hired, Gase is going to start leaking his evaluation of players to Armando. No chance. Much more likely to be Grier or Tannenbaum, who do not want the stink of Dallas Thomas and 2015's failures all over them.

Gase obviously isn't the one leaking to Armando. There is someone in the front office who has been leaking this stuff to Armando, and suddenly he changes his tune on this issue and starts talking about how 'they' want to change up how the offense is run? Where do you think that originated from?

dallas Thomas personnel wise is the main reason this team was behind the sticks as much as it was...if he wasn't 3 yards in the backfield at the poa on the run he was false starting or blowing blocks in space and terrible in pass protection

3rd and 8 plus a big part of that is dallas thomas

And I 've never seen an NFL player who is 6'5" 315 be as weak as Thomas is. 235 pound linebackers bull rush him into the backfield for God sake. I have seen that so many times it makes me sick. What does he bench press? 225 pounds 0 times?

if Miami can't sign an osemele mathis should be the plan b...one year deal and cheap buy yourself some time and someone who fits the scheme and isn't a disaster

mathis and osemele should be primary targets...fix left guard with a solid option at least

first calls Miami should make in free agency is a solid starting left guard

I think there's a real possibility that this isn't Gase leak, but rather a realization arrived at during the HC interview process when the few candidates they interviewed probably all pointed at Thomas and perhaps others and said, they suck.

if Miami can't sign an osemele mathis should be the plan b...one year deal and cheap buy yourself some time and someone who fits the scheme and isn't a disaster

mathis and osemele should be primary targets...fix left guard with a solid option at least

first calls Miami should make in free agency is a solid starting left guard

Wasn't Mathis benched in favor of a rookie?

Back
Top Bottom