Armando Salguero: Dolphins to address protection for Ryan Tannehill | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Armando Salguero: Dolphins to address protection for Ryan Tannehill

And I 've never seen an NFL player who is 6'5" 315 be as weak as Thomas is. 235 pound linebackers bull rush him into the backfield for God sake. I have seen that so many times it makes me sick. What does he bench press? 225 pounds 0 times?

he doesn't bite...billy turner bites

jamil douglas may not bite either but that remains to be seen...I think I see enough there to say he can play a depth pivot at least and if he does get a little more pop in his hands maybe a starting left guard...I would develop douglas as active depth I would cut Thomas enough is enough

Do you guys think Billy Turner should still get some time?

Billy Turner and Jamil Douglas battling it out for right guard - whoever sucks less, wins :chuckle:

dallas Thomas lost at the poa repeatedly...nauseatingly...how many inside zone runs was he 3 yards in the backfield blown right off the ball at the poa? I stopped counting...on skates into the qb over and over and over on vertical shot attempts

get rid of that garbage...3 years now the guys been one of the hardest workers on the team in the offseason is in good shape he's just not an nfl player...good bye

another 3rd round pick wasted on hot garbage

I don't even want him as a backup infecting the roster with his wussy attitude. Let him go somewhere else. Watching him getting steamrolled on that critical drive against the Colts with no pride. Can't have that on the 53 for anyone else to see.

I don't even want him as a backup infecting the roster with his wussy attitude. Let him go somewhere else. Watching him getting steamrolled on that critical drive against the Colts with no pride. Can't have that on the 53 for anyone else to see.

Ragdolled. He was ragdolled. Thrown to the ground and stepped over right off the snap.

Works hard in the off-season. Ties his shoelaces. Shows up for meetings early.

Gase obviously isn't the one leaking to Armando. There is someone in the front office who has been leaking this stuff to Armando, and suddenly he changes his tune on this issue and starts talking about how 'they' want to change up how the offense is run? Where do you think that originated from?

OK, so you're saying Gase has made it known to guys like Tannenbaum and Grier that he wants Thomas gone and he wants an up-tempo offense, and they decided to leak that info? I get what you're saying now. All speculation either way, but I'm more inclined to believe this is one big leaking exercise from Tannenbaum, since we saw all of the anti-Philbin info being leaked over the weekend as well.

Wasn't Mathis benched in favor of a rookie?

I saw that...I don't get it...to me that florida kid was blowing assignments all over the place...if Denver doesn't want him I will take him and let douglas be plan b I'd say

best thing would be a 1 year pact same thing we may be able to get our 3rd tackle under...although gases scheme may be able to help hide some 3rd tackle deficiencies if he's as advertised when it comes to gameplans

Do you guys think Billy Turner should still get some time?

Billy Turner and Jamil Douglas battling it out for right guard - whoever sucks less, wins :chuckle:

I expected better from turner this past season but he still flashed more than enough to warrant continued development. Douglas not as much. But Douglas IMO has tue ability to be real dangerous if you can get him some consistency and especially when you throw him in space.

I wouldn't give either guaranteed jobs, but ifnyou went into the next season and they ended up being depth, you'd be pretty happy about that.

I may be stubborn but I have not given up on Billy Turner. I'd still roster him for sure. Some players, especially guards, develop over time. He's got tools, and more importantly, makeup and demeanor. I think we need a stud, decorated guard for sure though at one spot and lots of competition maybe at the other spot and for backups. Even if Turner is still developing and doesn't start next year, he can still be molded over time.

Thomas is a different story. No tenacity or makeup. Get.rid.of.him.

don't give up on billy turner...dumbest thing you could do...I'm comfortable with his development as the starting right guard next year but if not I think he's got a home at tackle could be our swing even

don't give up on move athletes like that with that level pop in their hands

makes jamil douglas and dallas Thomas look like slugs

http://miamiherald.typepad.com/dolp...to-address-protection-for-ryan-tannehill.html

So my takeaway from this is that it only took Adam Gase two days of watching film to figure out that 63 is hot garbage. Well, good for Adam Gase. He's already the smartest guy we've had in the building in four years. We only had to send a couple of dozen people to the hospital playing the Dallas Thomas drinking game; maybe there won't be any more victims.

Something tells me that if Gase was our HC last season, we'd have signed Evan Matthis and maybe Tannehill wouldn't be pissing blood.

At this point in retrospect, Philbin is looking as bad as Cam.

Prediction: In 2016 there will be a starter, more than likely an offensive guard, that the fans deem to be terrible. And in the middle of the season when Gase is asked about that player by the media he will not stand up there and say: yeah you all are right, said player is terrible.

I've wonder is there any film room at dolphin's facility?

Iv literally been hearing, "we will speed up tempo on offense" for about 4 or 5 offseasons already...

Back
Top Bottom