Armando Salguero: Ryan Tannehill proving he is future of franchise | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Armando Salguero: Ryan Tannehill proving he is future of franchise

Yes. The way Tannehill got the lead against Green Bay and Detroit, then in the last two minutes sat IDLY BY as the defense gave up the lead and our buffoon of a head coach used timeouts about as well as a meth addict was definitely concerning. A true leader would have knocked out the HC and DC, and taken over their duties.

Funny.....and great post!

---------- Post added at 07:57 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:57 AM ----------

I think the problem here is that some posters will take a side on a player way to early and then they spend the next 3 years trying to prove their point. Once it reaches the point of no return they start to hope that somehow they're proven right, even if it means our team losses. Some people never gave Tannehill a chance and imo, some of those just hope that he fails so that they can be proven right. People like that are just insecure and need to find something to feel good about. So they love to see someone else fail. We should root for our coaches and players to do good even if it prove us wrong all for the good of the team. I'm not sure that bringing Philbin back is a good choice but he's our HC so I'm rooting for him. We have our QB guys. Root for him and stop trying to tell us that you're "right"

I think this nailed it as well.....

How about the Bills. I think the Bills win the division with RT at QB.

How about the Bills. I think the Bills win the division with RT at QB.
Doug Marrine would love to have Tannehill and the Bills are serious contenders with him.

Good stuff from Armando.

---------- Post added at 09:06 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:05 AM ----------

I think the problem here is that some posters will take a side on a player way to early and then they spend the next 3 years trying to prove their point. Once it reaches the point of no return they start to hope that somehow they're proven right, even if it means our team losses. Some people never gave Tannehill a chance and imo, some of those just hope that he fails so that they can be proven right. People like that are just insecure and need to find something to feel good about. So they love to see someone else fail. We should root for our coaches and players to do good even if it prove us wrong all for the good of the team. I'm not sure that bringing Philbin back is a good choice but he's our HC so I'm rooting for him. We have our QB guys. Root for him and stop trying to tell us that you're "right"

This is spot on.

I fully admit that when he was drafted I said that the only thing he has going for him is a hot wife

I was only partially wrong....I am all in on him now, but she is still hot!

Tannehill is turning into one of the better QBs in the league. No he's not spectacular a majority of the time, but considering his collegiate background he's progressing very nicely.

Let be honest, look at Manziel, RG3. I'd take Tannehill over both those guys. And teams will be lining up the brinks truck to pay that man. If Sherman hadn't stubbed his growth he'd be even better. Imagine if Lazor was able to work with him from year one?

I think fans want a superstar so bad they don't always appreciate what we have. Tannehill is getting better That's all you can ask.

Tannehill has improved each season....what more can you expect?

He has dealt with serious O-line issues....taking a pounding and more sacks than the average QB...and proved durable and resilent.

He is the Quarterback and is not our weakness.

We need a big red zone receiver and to solidify the O-line....better linebackers and better team depth overall.

The coaching in many areas has been suspect in my estimation.

---------- Post added at 08:17 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:17 AM ----------

Tannehill has improved each season....what more can you expect?

He has dealt with serious O-line issues....taking a pounding and more sacks than the average QB...and proved durable and resilent.

He is the Quarterback and is not our weakness.

We need a big red zone receiver and to solidify the O-line....better linebackers and better team depth overall.

The coaching in many areas has been suspect in my estimation.

No logical argument? How about the problem of RTs play in make or break games? Seems like a big concern to me.

How about the protection from the O-Line in those make or break games? Ill give you the answer its non existent esp at the most crucial times!

Honestly if you look objectively, how can you not be happy with the progression Tannehill has made through 3 years?

First year had a huge problem with batted balls. Still happens from time to time but not consistently

Last year he fumbled a lot. Not an issue this year.

People wanted him to move more and he has. I felt last year when he was on the move he made poor decisions, but he's improved that.

Now people will talk about the deep ball, and while he was by no means good, he has shown that he can put the ball where it needs to be. And this is an honest question, how many 20+ yard potential TDs have we had dropped this year? Off the top of my head...

2 last week by Matthews and D Williams (plus Hartline losing the ball in the sun)
1 by Wallace against the Jets
1 by Matthews against Kansas City
1 by Sims week 1 (and the Wallace play is debatable whether or not he gets a foot in)

So that's arguably 7 plays that could change perception, but as we know everything is a game of inches.

THe OL still needs some suring up, we need a big target, and yes Tannehill needs to tweak a few things. But those who refuse to see that Ryan Tannehill is making strides as a QB I feel sorry for you guys. He's not Andrew Luck but we all knew Luck was the best QB prospect in a LONG time

Take all the qbs taken in the last 5 years and show me who is better then him?

He is one of the best young qbs in the league.

You can argue Luck, Wilson and Newton after that there really isn't a better qb.

Yesterday reinforced his greatest attribute as a qb the guy can take a beating and still sling that ball. He did not have David Carr syndrome which most qbs would have by now with our o line over the past 3 years.

Take all the qbs taken in the last 5 years and show me who is better then him?

He is one of the best young qbs in the league.

You can argue Luck, Wilson and Newton after that there really isn't a better qb.

Yesterday reinforced his greatest attribute as a qb the guy can take a beating and still sling that ball. He did not have David Carr syndrome which most qbs would have by now with our o line over the past 3 years.

He is really going to be able to stand in the pocket and deliver once the o-line gets shored up. He may not be the best at escaping pressure, although it is getting better, but he will definitely take a lick to make a throw, with pretty good accuracy as well. Imagine how he's gonna do when he finally trusts his offensive line and can hang in there just a second longer. The chunk yardage will definitely start to appear more frequently.

I agree with what your saying, but there as far as fans go, but there are two sides of the fence. Just as you say there are fans that made up their mind that Tannehill is not the guy, there are just as many if not more that have made up their mind that because he wears a Dolphins jersey he is the guy and they also spend the next three years trying to prove a point.

Personally I am on the fence. I think he's the best QB since Marino but I am not 100% sold he can carry this team where we all want them to be. I think he's a QB that if the right pieces are around him then Miami has a chance. I haven't seen where he makes players better yet. I see a lot of good things in him, but I see a lot of improvement needed as well. I know this is only his third year, and I have never said he needs to go, as I don't see a better option in the near future. I think right now he is Alex Smith but has more potential. I like that he has shown improvement each year, so I am hopeful that will continue. I do think Miami should work on a new contract with him now. I don't think he's worth top tier QB $$$$ but believe he's in that second tier.

I look at him just as I do everyone on the team with a critical eye, because I am tired of being middle of the road. I know many will read this and because I am not shaking the pom poms I am a hater, because there seemingly isn't a middle ground around here, it's either you wear aqua colored glasses or you are a hater, but it's just not the case. I love my Dolphins, and root for them each week no matter what, but we still seem stuck in the same rut as always...middle of the road.

i think ryan tannehill is a system guy that is probably only as good as the people around him. if he were on any of these 4-5 win teams they are still probably 4-5 win teams.

What system would that be? The spend two years behind the leagues worst offensive line system? Yea, simple enough.

We didn't see anything yesterday that we haven't seen from Tannehill.

He hung tough with the vaunted vikings lol. He's good against bad teams and it has you all fooled. Except that's not even entirely true, he's laid giant ****ing eggs against bad teams too.

Back
Top Bottom