Armando: Some players complaining about Thursday padded practices | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Armando: Some players complaining about Thursday padded practices

gafin

Practice Squad
Reaction score
The past few weeks, the Dolphins have used Thursday as the day for a fully padded two-hour practice. And I get it.

To be a good team you have to hit a little bit. To be a good team you have to be physical and work hard. Teams of yesteryear used to do this kind of thing all the time. And doing it on Thursday shouldn't be a problem because it is three whole days from game day so there is time to recover.

Except that each of the past two Thursday's players have whispered complaints that the practices took it out of them and that, a couple are saying, is one reason the team starts so slow in Sunday games.

Yeah, I don't necessarily get it. But that is the complaint.

And apparently Joe Philbin is aware of said complaint. He cut practice time last week and was promising to look further at this week.

"We have to take a look at the practice schedule, look at the preparation and look at everything," Philbin said this week. "We're going to examine everything. I have some things on paper in terms of how we're going to prepare for this game. Obviously, we prepared for a game over there last year and had some success in that particular game. Every year is a new year. Every game is different. That's something that I'm beginning to look at right now."

Well, the Dolphins today have scheduled a two-hour practice today. And they're in pads.

And as an added bonus, after practice today the team will board a plane later this evening and fly across the pond to London England. They will land Friday morning.

http://miamiherald.typepad.com/dolp...ed-practices-a-complaint-of-some-players.html

Man this team is soft! I really hope the new regime is able to get rid of these.. "We practice too hard" players. Clearly, more practice is needed based on these recent performances not less.

You practice for 2 hours then you get 2 days off before game day on Sunday. Unbelievable!

rediculous...stop acting like girls and put your pants on...the jets are gonna smack you girls in the mouth unless you man up

Suh: you don't pay me enough to practice in pads on Thursdays...

lol...last year they complained about the practice schedule too...sounds like these guys don't want to practice...they certainly play like they don't practice.

We need a complete purge of this roster.

Exactly right, soft coach=soft team, just what we enjoy. The idiots are running the asylum

This is just a sign they don't like Joe, other teams would not be complaining at all, and they wouldn't either if they were winning.

I wonder if the Patriots players complain about having to practice hard. I wonder what coach Shula thinks about the current team's players complaining about practice. I don't think those guys would have lasted for very long on a Shula coached team.

If the players trusted Joe, they would not complain. They have no respect for him so every move he makes is questioned. Not good.

This is just a sign they don't like Joe, other teams would not be complaining at all.

No, it's a sign they're a bunch of lazy scrubs who are stealing money from the franchise and lack pride.

I remember when Saban made a guy cry in practice just by yelling at him....can't remember his name...Manny something or other...but that dude had more pride and heart than this team.

If the players cared about the coaches and even more respected them there would be nothing. Right now it's an excuse to pour on what the fans and media are saying...

All of our pansy ways started with the creation of the Nick Saban Memorial Practice Bubble.

We lost our early season conditioning edge with the creation of that and have gone to the point now of being completely soft. Sad.

Back
Top Bottom