Armando -The Miami Dolphins spent all season dealing with a surprise problem no one could solve | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Armando -The Miami Dolphins spent all season dealing with a surprise problem no one could solve

uk_dolfan

Proud Tua Cultist
Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
Interesting article:

When the Miami Dolphins were at their lowest in 2017 — in the middle of a five-game midseason losing skid and then a three-game disaster to end the season — coaches and players looked around the locker room searching for a leader who could step out, speak up, and show them the way.

“There are a lot of things I can do to make things the way we need it; but at the end of the day, player accountability, making sure that everybody is on the same page, you need your leaders to step up, you need them to be vocal, you need them to actually do their part in a leadership role,” Gase said.

Rookies cannot take control. Backups cannot be locker room leaders — although a couple on the Dolphins such as Michael Thomas and Walt Aikens tried. Coaches definitely cannot be locker room leaders.

http://www.miamiherald.com/sports/spt-columns-blogs/armando-salguero/article194358364.html

Basically without Tannehill and Brandon Albert the Dolphins had zero leadership among the players this year. Cutler is.... Cutler, Pouncey didn't seem interested outside the OL and this was what they brought Timmons in for but he went awol.

he went awol one game. Im not sure how much leadership could help a team lacking in talent and coaching. Tannehill, the savior he is, was still on the team. I never saw him once rally the troops on the sideline He is the biggest waste of time

he went awol one game. Im not sure how much leadership could help a team lacking in talent and coaching. Tannehill, the savior he is, was still on the team. I never saw him once rally the troops on the sideline He is the biggest waste of time
Yay another shot at Tannehill. How much sideline watching did you actually do?

I guess Supreme Leader Juice isn't really living up to the "heart and soul of the team" title many have coined him as.

I have never seen as much of an ounce of leadership from Landry. A lot of shouting I suppose, but that isnt what leadership is about.

A leader doesn't get thrown out of a game like that either. I don't doubt that he is a core part of the lockerroom culture and that his absence would leave a void, but if he gets paid and stays here he needs to learn to control himself and become a leader.

Leadership has long been an issue on D. Its a shame that Wake and Jones are lead by example guys, but if that is your personality then I suppose you can't really fake it week after week

The last time our defense had a real leader was Trace Armstrong. JT and Zach were pretty good leaders too but TA was the leader of that defense and of the whole team.
Before him and when Marino was on the team the real leader of that team was Kuechenburg. I'm sure it helped he was in the super bowl teams of 72-73 and then 82-84
The vocal leader we might be looking at now could be TJM if he can stay out of jail and RM? Maybe if he can stay healthy but he'll be in the middle of that defense so

Ozzy rules!!

The last time our defense had a real leader was Trace Armstrong. JT and Zach were pretty good leaders too but TA was the leader of that defense and of the whole team.
Before him and when Marino was on the team the real leader of that team was Kuechenburg. I'm sure it helped he was in the super bowl teams of 72-73 and then 82-84
The vocal leader we might be looking at now could be TJM if he can stay out of jail and RM? Maybe if he can stay healthy but he'll be in the middle of that defense so

Ozzy rules!!

Dansby was probably an effective leader, at least within the lockeroom. He was also a better linebacker than anyone we have had since..... the decision to cut him was erm regrettable, he should still have been here for a lot longer

I haven't had a chance to read the article yet, but where the **** was Cam Wake? He's supposed to be a leader. Where the **** was he?

Wake has always been famously quiet and reluctant to step up to that role. Maybe less so last year (give him a break he is like 60 and coming off a major injury) but Wake is one guy who has always done more than his fair share for this team

One more reason I wanted to keep B.A. on the team.

When I discovered that he had actually been receptive to the idea of moving to Left Guard so that Tunsil could take over the LT spot for the future, and that Miami still didn't want him back, that annoyed me.

Very lousy move in hindsight, IMO.

Wake has always been famously quiet and reluctant to step up to that role. Maybe less so last year (give him a break he is like 60 and coming off a major injury) but Wake is one guy who has always done more than his fair share for this team
I love Cam- it's just disappointing that he's seemingly so quiet. He's a guy who certainly has the currency to speak his mind, and he's obviously highly respected. No one works harder. He'd be a natural leader if he wanted to embrace that role.

When I discovered that he had actually been receptive to the idea of moving to Left Guard so that Tunsil could take over the LT spot for the future, and that Miami still didn't want him back, that annoyed me.

I never heard that he was receptive to moving to guard, where did you get that? Seems like it would have been a smart move. Although with his injury history, moving inside could have made things worse.

That is news to me i must have missed those reports, completely changes what I think of BA. I thought he was too stubborn to switch over to guard when it was clear tunsil was the longterm plan at LT

Back
Top Bottom