Armando: The reasons I’m voting for Dolphins' Adam Gase for Coach of the Year | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Armando: The reasons I’m voting for Dolphins' Adam Gase for Coach of the Year

Cam Cameron was a great offensive mind, Sparano was a good leader.... Name me one above average meaningful trait Philbin had as a HC?

Cam Cameron was a great offensive mind, Sparano was a good leader.... Name me one above average meaningful trait Philbin had as a HC?

Cam Cameron was a much better/more talented OC, but his teams were more disorganized than Philbin's. As a HC, and without the choice of neither, I would take Philbin - unless you're taking into account the benefits of quickly moving on from Cameron. Awesome to have a quality HC for the first time in a long time.

I think Armando really hated Joe Philbin and his entire staff. He seemed disgusted with the entire organization.

Go back and read Armando's blogs after Ireland got fired and he did the #DawnJoe articles (which ended up being more of a smear campaign on Aponte which was a bit undeserved) and it is quite clear Armando despised Joe... hell I don't think any of the writers liked him.

As for the Sparano stuff. I have always maintained that Sparano was very very good when it came to scripting the start of games... he just couldn't adjust in game, and (at the time) he wasn't ready to adjust to the changing NFL style.

But Gase takes the Billicheck approach of changing philosophies... and Gase is somewhat a part of BB's coaching tree (started his career under Saban, also worked under McDaniels), and the approach has saved our season. Hopefully he keeps it up.

As for Joe Philbin? Well I shared a bunch of this in VIP, but let's just say that he may as well have still been in Green Bay with how he "ran" the team.

Cam Cameron was a much better/more talented OC, but his teams were more disorganized than Philbin's. As a HC, and without the choice of neither, I would take Philbin - unless you're taking into account the benefits of quickly moving on from Cameron. Awesome to have a quality HC for the first time in a long time.

I disagree, if given 2 options, you pick the one thats harder to find... In the NFL, a good offensive mind is harder to find than organization skills... Thruth is they both had limitations that led to their downfall but at the very least, Cam was great at something football related...

I disagree, if given 2 options, you pick the one thats harder to find... In the NFL, a good offensive mind is harder to find than organization skills... Thruth is they both had limitations that led to their downfall but at the very least, Cam was great at something football related...

If Cam Cam had such a great offensive mind then why was our offense so bad in 2007?

If Cam Cam had such a great offensive mind then why was our offense so bad in 2007?

The only defense I will give Cam is we were decimated with injuries his one year with us. IIRC we went through like 6 RBs.

That being said, Cam was just as bad if not worse than Joe Philbin. Cam was not respected, was very disorganized (including letting a different assistant make the gameplan for each preseason game while trying to install a new offense), and how Culpepper was handled.

Look at the starting lineup for most of 2007.

Cameron Worrell. Cleo Lemon. etc.

Cam Cameron sucked but he also had nothing to work with.

Look at the starting lineup for most of 2007.

Cameron Worrell. Cleo Lemon. etc.

Cam Cameron sucked but he also had nothing to work with.

I think Cameron was still the more respected football guy in the league over philbin. Cam got a job as an OC the very next year from one of the best coaches in the league. Do you think philbin even sniffed that position after miami fired him? He's lucky he got any coaching position at all

If we win the next 2 games he wins Hands down not that he does not deserve it

Back
Top Bottom