Armando: The reasons I’m voting for Dolphins' Adam Gase for Coach of the Year | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Armando: The reasons I’m voting for Dolphins' Adam Gase for Coach of the Year

Mando has been great this year...his sources have proven very reliable

I think his source is Mike Tannenbaum, given the way his reporting has changed (for the better, I might add) since Tbaum came into the organization.

How come whats his face in New York gets no love?

And Belichick should win pretty much every year.

McAdoo would probably be #4 for me. Him or Koetter. I attribute the Giant's success more to the investment in the defense and the work Spagnuolo has done. McAdoo is an offensive guy, and that isn't the reason we've seen the Giants have such a turnaround.

Belichick would be 3rd for me. Del Rio and Gase have edge for me as they've turned around perennial loser franchises, and that should go a long way to display the culture they've instilled which is such a huge trait in the best coaches. Bill still has Brady, and he instilled that culture long ago. If we're looking at this season I find it hard to argue for anyone other than Del Rio or Gase having more of an impact on their team's success.

And so in his office that late evening two months ago, Gase decided to basically start over with his offense.

He had already shelved his beloved no-huddle attack the week before. And now he decided if he didn't get more basic and more adaptable for his players, the offense that broke records and went to the Super Bowl in Denver was going to put his rookie season as head coach in the cellar of the AFC East.

So after all his players and most of his assistants had gone home, Gase began to trim down that offense. Options got tossed. Reads got changed. The approach on the running game was tweaked.

Adam Gase changed significant portions of the Dolphins offense overnight.

:hump:

Im all in. Thanks for the thread. :brewskis:

:rotfl1:

He is borderline deranged.

Gase told Maxwell, who is among the league leaders in defensive holding penalties, that Sunday’s officiating crew has been known for calling games tight against defensive backs -- yeah, the Dolphins study that now. So take the day off, Byron, because you’d probably get flagged all day long.

:sidelol: :iwantmore:

Sporano was the runner up candidate in 2008 as well. Hopefully Gases tenure does not reflect that of Sporano's. God I hope not.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sporano was the runner up candidate in 2008 as well. Hopefully Gases tenure does not reflect that of Sporano's. God I hope not.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You can tell now that Gase is a better coach then Sporano.

Sporano was a god awful coach.

I think Tony Sparano was good as a head coach when he had Parcells helping him and kind of directing everything from up top, and when he had that 2008 roster that excelled at winning small ball football games.

Once the OL started to drop off, he lost Pennington, and Parcells went back to his golf game, Sparano was in trouble. I think that was evident with how many coordinators Tony whacked in desperation.

I think Tony Sparano was good as a head coach when he had Parcells helping him and kind of directing everything from up top, and when he had that 2008 roster that excelled at winning small ball football games.

Once the OL started to drop off, he lost Pennington, and Parcells went back to his golf game, Sparano was in trouble. I think that was evident with how many coordinators Tony whacked in desperation.

I think Sparano was great at certain things. His players loved him. His teams were usually among the least penalized teams in football. He had a vision of what he wanted the team to be on offense as far as strategy (but he failed in getting the proper players for his vision. I know he wasnt the GM, but its partially on him.) I just dont think he was particularly smart with X's and O's and struggled to adapt to his personnel as the roster changed. Chad Henne not develping the way we hoped hurt too. Id take him right now over Philbin. I dont think Bullygate happens under Sparano. Hes not a good HC, but I honestly think he had more positives than Philbin.

I think Sparano was great at certain things. His players loved him. His teams were usually among the least penalized teams in football. He had a vision of what he wanted the team to be on offense as far as strategy (but he failed in getting the proper players for his vision. I know he wasnt the GM, but its partially on him.) I just dont think he was particularly smart with X's and O's and struggled to adapt to his personnel as the roster changed. Chad Henne not develping the way we hoped hurt too. Id take him right now over Philbin. I dont think Bullygate happens under Sparano. Hes not a good HC, but I honestly think he had more positives than Philbin.

Joe Philbin is the worst coach Miami has ever had.

Don't care about records or other ****. Philbin ****ing sucked.

Back
Top Bottom