Armando: The reasons I’m voting for Dolphins' Adam Gase for Coach of the Year | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Armando: The reasons I’m voting for Dolphins' Adam Gase for Coach of the Year

Could be the best article Mando's ever written!

And it's pretty clear that while HCs like Philbin, Pagano and Rex are playing checkers (at various levels of skill), Gase along with Belichik is playing chess. Being smart, deliberate, demanding and insightful is one thing, but being able to pragmatically apply and motivate the team is another accomplish entirely.

Considering the dissension, malaise, glaring roster holes and then adding in the spate of key position injuries, I'd be surprised if this same team would have ended the season better than 5-11 if Philbin were still the HC

Studying Officiating tendencies should be someones full time job on every sports organization, and I'd be surprised if even 5% of the dinosaur old man coaching club even pays attention to it...

That's my coach.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

---------- Post added at 01:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:14 PM ----------

The Herald paywall has become extremely annoying.

Download the Fins app from the Herald. It's like $1 per month. Totally worth it.

I think Garrett wins but has any team currently in the playoffs had more injuries?

Mando has been great this year...his sources have proven very reliable

It's great that Gase is in the discussion. He has exceeded expectations and is in the process of fully revitalizing the team. He holds the players and coaches accountable and they have responded. I don't think that he will win the Coach of the Year, because Jason Garrett success in Dallas is even more spectacular, but we've found our coach for the long term and it has been a long time since we could say that.

Its a shame that Garrett will win. IMO he is one of the worse coaches in the playoffs. He lucked into a great roster. Romo going down was a blessing in disguise

I this this game Sunday will have major bearing on the award. If the Patriots blow us out forget COY, people will see Miami as a barely made it limping into the playoffs team. But beat the Pats and Miami will be viewed as strong and riding high into the playoffs thanks to Gase.

By the way, if you click on an article directly from Armando's twitter feed, you don't have to deal with the Herald's paywall crap. I think that works with RSS feeds, too.

And yeah, I don't know what happened in the last two years, but it's like there's an alien in Armando's body. He's not only writing good articles, and offering good analysis, but he's also throwing out tons of inside information in very matter of fact fashion.

The reveal that Gase went and decided he was just going to change the entire offense overnight -- and then did it -- was news to me.

I think Armando really hated Joe Philbin and his entire staff. He seemed disgusted with the entire organization.

As far as I'm concerned it's a two-horse race between Gase and Del Rio. The Garretts of the world shouldn't be in the conversation, but will probably win.

As far as I'm concerned it's a two-horse race between Gase and Del Rio. The Garretts of the world shouldn't be in the conversation, but will probably win.

How come whats his face in New York gets no love?

And Belichick should win pretty much every year.

Back
Top Bottom