Armando: Two starting linebackers to be replaced | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Armando: Two starting linebackers to be replaced

Daytona Fin

Queeks Draw
Club Member
Reaction score
Armando Salguero ‏@ArmandoSalguero 19s19 seconds ago
Dolphins had three starting LBs in 2015. I've been told two will be replaced. So draft, UFA, all possibilities merit scrutiny.

Dang Daytona, I was just about to post that.

Armando Salguero @ArmandoSalguero

I'm coughing because I have a case of Laurinaitis.

Armando Salguero @ArmandoSalguero

I'm coughing because I have a case of Laurinaitis.

That was David Dwork's reply to this

Armando Salguero
‏@ArmandoSalguero Armando Salguero Retweeted Los Angeles Rams
Laurinaitis (cough) linebacker (cough).

I mean there is no way I cut Misi right now, as unreliable as he has been. Sheppard on a similar deal is fine also.

I would assume draft one and free agency gets one, just don't address it with 4 UDFAs again.

I think Jenkins stays and is given another shot at a position. He played much better in 2014 than he did in 2015, and some of that can probably be attributed to injury.

Sheppard is gone. His performance the last 2 seasons doesn't warrant another look. As soon as it becomes feasible to get his salary off the books, he's gone.

If there is an immediate upgrade over Misi in the veteran pool, I think he's gone. We can't trust Misi's health or play at this point. If there is not an immediate veteran upgrade, I believe they hang onto Misi into training camp. If he gets injured, he's gone. If he gets outplayed by one of the young guys currently on the roster or from the draft, he's gone.

Of all the linebackers that got some run last year, Hewitt is the only one I believe that may challenge for a starting spot.

Lbers were awful, I won't miss any of them and it would be hard to get worse.

Lbers were awful, I won't miss any of them and it would be hard to get worse.

We have been saying that since our great Gm decided to run Dansby and Burnett out of town.

Could of fixed the linebacking problem last year with Denzel. Instead we draft a defensive linemen because we didn't sign a dl to a 100+mil deal.

Miami dolphins 101

Simon Clancy ‏@SiClancy
Don't be surprised if Miami goes deep dive on linebackers and corners in free agency. There's a lot of DL talent in the draft.

Simon Clancy ‏@SiClancy
I'd expect to see names like Sean Weatherspoon, Tahir Whitehead, Vincent Rey at LB. And suspect Adam Jones is a strong possibility at CB.

Simon Clancy ‏@SiClancy
If they do look at the DL, Bengals Brandon Thompson would be front & centre. Offensively? The versatility of Alex Boone would seem perfect.

Simon Clancy ‏@SiClancy
And cornerbacks wise aside from Jones? Amukamara, Hayward would qualify. Don't rule out Mo Claiborne who was much better last year in Dallas

Simon Clancy ‏@SiClancy
Don't be surprised if Miami goes deep dive on linebackers and corners in free agency. There's a lot of DL talent in the draft.

Simon Clancy ‏@SiClancy
I'd expect to see names like Sean Weatherspoon, Tahir Whitehead, Vincent Rey at LB. And suspect Adam Jones is a strong possibility at CB.

Simon Clancy ‏@SiClancy
If they do look at the DL, Bengals Brandon Thompson would be front & centre. Offensively? The versatility of Alex Boone would seem perfect.

Simon Clancy ‏@SiClancy
And cornerbacks wise aside from Jones? Amukamara, Hayward would qualify. Don't rule out Mo Claiborne who was much better last year in Dallas

Pretty evident that Clancy is just speculating. Links us to 3 former Bengals, tho I agree Rey and Pacman would be great fits. We should look to do better than Brandon Thompson, but I could see it. Links us to Alex Boone who played under Foerster. That's 4 guys out of 7 that would follow old coaches. Morris Claiborne is interesting, just because of the prospect he was coming out and the magic that Vance could work on him. A Claiborne and Pacman pairing could be great. But downside with Claiborne could be pretty significant, so would need a draft pick to mitigate the risk.

Seems like there may be some momentum for us to look DL in draft, although honestly agree with FTB think its just people speculating. I think Rey resigns but will see soon.

I'm a huge pacman fan, and have always wanted him in Miami.

But I know damn well this could end badly and quick. They need to have a option behind pacman if they bring him here, because he's going straight to the strip clubs as soon as he gets off the plane.

I wonder if Pac-Man is worth the risk…

Back
Top Bottom