Armando: Two starting linebackers to be replaced | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Armando: Two starting linebackers to be replaced

Jenkins, Laurinaitis, and a draft pick like Myles Jack would be a really nice change in the middle.
I don't have any strong interest to keep Vigil, but at least he's young and could still develop, much like Hewitt, who I like much more.
Totally done with Misi and Sheppard. I wouldn't mind them as temporary backups until we can draft/sign more LBs, but definitely not starting material.

If there's a ready to play strong side lb from the get go in a 43 in the draft I sure haven't found it...not sure I see the upgrade in free agency either

If there's a ready to play strong side lb from the get go in a 43 in the draft I sure haven't found it...not sure I see the upgrade in free agency either

No worries Omar found our answer. (I already know what you think). Actually this is his whole plan to fix the Dolphins.

Inside linebacker - I'm infatuated with Arizona linebacker Scooby Wright, whom I watched work at Pete Bommarito's Performance Systems this week. Wright checks every box I'm looking for at inside linebacker. He makes impact plays, and he's a leader. His medical history and limited straight line speed has him projected as an early third day pick, but I'd select him on the second day of the draft, making him a second-round pick.

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/...thinking-of-a-master-plan-20160220-story.html

Josh perry projects strong side eventually cause of his length and his size but that's not ready poa wise yet...he needs a year to get stronger more shock in his hands

That would probably be the guy though and pick 40 the place...you draft that in a 43 as a strong side lb

I want to see what happens Joe Schobert athletically.

One thing about Josh perry is he's got an awful lot of talent and upside...but you won't get away with that on college tape level poa play and take on at strong...it has to be better...there's no reason to think it won't get better but I'd preach a little patience with it

I don't see how this fixes a Miami issue cause strong side lb play is way down the list of problems in Miami but that kid definitely validates a top 50 pick on upside...and he's a every down lb level athlete

No worries Omar found our answer. (I already know what you think). Actually this is his whole plan to fix the Dolphins.

Inside linebacker - I'm infatuated with Arizona linebacker Scooby Wright, whom I watched work at Pete Bommarito's Performance Systems this week. Wright checks every box I'm looking for at inside linebacker. He makes impact plays, and he's a leader. His medical history and limited straight line speed has him projected as an early third day pick, but I'd select him on the second day of the draft, making him a second-round pick.

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/...thinking-of-a-master-plan-20160220-story.html

Too slow for the NFL level IMO.

I love the reports that Perry has high, high character.

I'd be okay with him as in house replacement to Misi down the road. Ride it out with him for another year (or injuries probably). If there's no clear cut good upgrade options in free agency, might as well just plan ahead for the future.

Andrew Abramson, Miami Dolphins beat writer for the Palm Beach Post joined the Big O Show on 560 WQAM to discuss the team’s need at linebacker and whether they should address it in free agency or the NFL Draft.

“I think it’s a lot of hype. People know the name. He never really lived up to that college hype at Ohio State. He was one of the lowest rated middle linebackers, right around the same level of Kelvin Sheppard. Is it really an upgrade?”

“They need an upgrade at MLB. Ideally you get somebody maybe in that second or even third round. You look at free agency the guy I like its Danny Trevathan from Denver. I think we need a young guy in there. The other possibility is if they draft an outside linebacker with that number eight pick and move Koa Misi back inside. But again I think that Koa Misi has shown he’s not really a NFL MLB”

http://miami.cbslocal.com/2016/02/2...s-not-really-an-nfl-mlb/?cid=twitter_CBSMIAMI

Part of the problem was Suh freelancing

Getting doubled sucks, but if thats your job thats your job. Stay in the pocket. When Suh tried to beat the double, he would get out of his lane.

---------- Post added at 03:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:00 PM ----------

Also, does Miami address anything in the draft? Again, part of the problem. My kids dont earn an allowance till they do the work

Back
Top Bottom