Armando: Wallace tells it like it is | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Armando: Wallace tells it like it is

Armando: Wallace tells it like it is.....Then I butcher it into something negative about the Dolphins!

I know this sounds nuts, but is it really that hard for Tannehill and Wallace to just go out and throw the ball after practice every day? I read about Tanny throwing to Hartline during warm-ups before every game. Where is Wallace during all this? If I was getting ripped by fans and media, and I wasn't content with my own performance, I'd be spending as much time as I could to improve. Who doesn't like just going out and throwing the ball around?

At the end of the day does Wallace make this team better? Yes.

Even if Wallace has zero catches a game, he still opens up the field due to his deep threat ability.

I do blame Wallace for a lack of effort when things aren't perfect, but let's attempt to use him correctly!
I'd have to imagine Tanne & Wallace play catch quite a bit in practice, but translating that into a play during a real game with many moving parts seems to be the problem.
The O-line doesn't help, but still...

Philbin has apparently told Ryan to just "rip it" and let Wallace go get it. Ryan said that he's been afraid of overthrowing him. Glad it's only taken 10 games to figure this out...

This was from some Armando tweets today

He's going to 'rip' the one deep shot they take per game.

Yippee.

We are still doing a lot of the same **** as last year. It is completely retarded that we do not move him around and hit him short and let the ****er run like the wind. Then run underneath routes to where he came from.

On most of the deep throws everyone is pissed about, Tanny is not throwing until way too late.

Well if they land it that's 6 points and I will take it. That's also 16 TDs per season between the 2 of them.

More likely you will get the same overthrow and incompletion we saw against Cleveland. Because that's the nature of those kinds of shots, they are low percentage plays with a chance of a big payoff.

They have to take 4+ shots per game. Otherwise, why pay the one trick pony 60 million dollars?

More likely you will get the same overthrow and incompletion we saw against Cleveland. Because that's the nature of those kinds of shots, they are low percentage plays with a chance of a big payoff.

They have to take 4+ shots per game. Otherwise, why pay the one trick pony 60 million dollars?

and find other ways to get him in space and use his speed...I watched that Big Ben and Wallace highlight video and I saw a guy who was taking screens and slants and beating DBs up the field for big plays....

and find other ways to get him in space and use his speed...I watched that Big Ben and Wallace highlight video and I saw a guy who was taking screens and slants and beating DBs up the field for big plays....

Good news. After another 6 games, we might get a coaching staff that doesn't have its head stuck up its collectively stubborn ass.

One thing I never see anyone on here talk about is Wallace's catching technique. What I mean by this is I haven't seen Wallace attempt to catch a pass at its "highest point" this season. I have seen countless accurate throws from Tannehill to Wallace that he tried to "breadbasket" instead of extending his arms away from his body and towards the ball and catching with his hands rather than his body.
For example, I have seen a number of deep throws on streaks that WERE accurate passes, however the db was able to knock it down WITHOUT looking at the ball. Dbs are having to run so fast to catch back up to wallace they can't afford to look back so they play his eyes. When Wallace's eyes get big and his hands make that "breadbasket" they simply put their arms up to hopefully knock it down or make Wallace lose concentration.
I played WR from ages 12-20 (middle school,hs, jr college) and from hs on up to JC we were taught to catch the ball at its highest point especially on streaks or fades to prevent dbs from doing this. I'm not saying this will solve all the problems between him and Tannehill but I think it will help.
I hope the wr coach realizes this sooner rather than later and tries to correct it.

Taking only 1 shot a game makes that one shot seem worse than what it is.

Multiple shots will sure lead to more explosive things.

After this team sucking so bad it's amazing how fans forget to be fans. It's week 12 and the Dolphins are in the playoff hunt with one the youngest teams in the NFL. They control their destiny and I for one grow more interested and excited in watching the game every week. Yet all people can do is whine and complain. Save us all from having to sort through your nonsense in order to check these boards and go find another team, a perfect team, good luck with that.

Back
Top Bottom