Armando's Blog: Philbin Instructed Lazor To Be Aggressive | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Armando's Blog: Philbin Instructed Lazor To Be Aggressive

We have Philbin's own words that he made the call and some of you want to pretend he's covering? Based on what? And even in that unlikely scenario, the HC should be making that call. Otherwise what the hell is the team paying him for?

Lazor has been a major disappointment so far this season

How do you figure that one? Lazor has been great. He is the first offensive coordinator I've been happy with in quite a while.

To be honest, I really wasn't upset about the run in that spot. Perhaps a screen or something may have been better, but they seemed to snuff that out too. An incompletion would have been the worst case scenario (other than a turnover), they needed to keep the clock going. In the offense on that drive, not sure we would have converted a 7 yard pass for the first down.
I was more upset about the previous 2 play calls. Needed to make it 3rd and short.

Except running on 3rd & 9 guarantees that Rodgers gets the ball back. Maybe if there was only a minute left, that's a good call. But there was well over 2 minutes left. That is too much time to worry about an incompletion. You have to go for that first down 10 out of 10 times. Not to mention the facts that they were on their backup corners and our defense was gassed. The very drive before Rodgers marched down the field with ease, only just missing a TD. Running the ball there was a dreadful call.

Back
Top Bottom