Armando's Blog: Philbin Instructed Lazor To Be Aggressive | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Armando's Blog: Philbin Instructed Lazor To Be Aggressive

Disagree. With 4 minutes to go, 30 seconds off the clock with Aaron Rodgers is nothing. So the run doesn't help at all. You gotta throw the ball there and try and get the 1st down and put the game away. That's worth a hell of a lot more than milking 30 seconds off the clock with a ton of time left for the Packers.

There was 3:01 left on the clock (not 4 minutes) when we ran the ball on 3rd&9 and it took :46 seconds off the clock. GB got the ball back with 2:15 and no timeouts.

There was 3:01 left on the clock (not 4 minutes) when we ran the ball on 3rd&9 and it took :46 seconds off the clock. GB got the ball back with 2:15 and no timeouts.

That is why we should have run on 2nd and 3rd, or passed on both. The worst scenario, was what we did. If we run on 2nd and 3rd, we use up the 2 min warning, and GB can't run a draw for 12 yards on their first play. They also likely run out of time before scoring

i dont care who it was, I really dont! there s the team on the field, which had a 4 point lead in the final minutes of the game. The team off the field, led by Philbin, completely botched their part of the game, I mean, you could not have made worst decisions if you spent a 40 hour work week trying to figure out a way to do it worst... I swear to god, if I ever see one of my kid do that in madden they re grounded for a week and madden ends up in the garbage can.... We badly need intelligent people in this organisation...

That is why we should have run on 2nd and 3rd, or passed on both. The worst scenario, was what we did. If we run on 2nd and 3rd, we use up the 2 min warning, and GB can't run a draw for 12 yards on their first play. They also likely run out of time before scoring

I just wish the staff would make up its mind on playing aggressive or conservative and stick with it.

Fourth and goal from the 1 in the first half - we're aggressive and fail.
Fourth and 1 at the GB 40 with 30 seconds left in the first half we're conservative and punt.
Get the ball with four minutes left in the game we're aggressive and come out passing the ball.
With a first down with three minutes left conservative and run the ball on first and third down but aggressive and throw the ball on second down.

I like Bill Lazor so far. I think once RT learns the system and it becomes second nature, they could take off. Unfortunately, the season could be done by the time "they get it".

I don't care if it's on one guy or the other. Philbin imo just doesn't know how to win. He really doesn't bring anything to the table. He's a good person but he's not making this team a winner. I actually think he could be a good college coach but in the NFL he's in over his head.

Wow. That is stunning. Philbin contradicted his own game plan. He was clearly influenced by the 2nd down lack of execution. Even if the OL was to blame for the 2nd down pressure, ultimately Philbin didn't trust Tannehill to execute a 3rd down passing situation. And if the head coach doesn't trust his QB, and there is reason why he shouldn't, then there is no sense analyzing these situations until the Dolphins settle on a new starting QB that the new head coach trusts.

Precisely.

Failbin even mentioned the play vs. the Bills last year as a reason why he chose to run it on third and 8 when he knew damn well we needed to get 1st downs and kill the clock. Tannehill completely limits what our offense is capable of. The odd thing is that Failbin seems to realize this and yet he refuses to bench Hennehill. It is baffling.

This is not the first time that Failbin has taken the conservative route this season because he feared what the result would be if he put the ball in Tannehill's hands. In the Bills game this year, we sat on the ball going into halftime as opposed to attacking and trying to get points. If the HC does not trust his QB, why continue to play him?

But seriously, what did Philbin bring to the table when he got the job... OL coach promoted to OC who doesnt call the plays, with Rodgers as his QB... So yeah, he`s a Sparano clone, im actually mad at myself for taking a wait and see view on this guy... while i would ve rather have Mccoy at the time... its painfully evident this guy doest know WTF he s doing...

GB had both starting DBs out with CRamps. You throw on 3rd and 9. You exploit that weakness, its that simple.

Precisely.

Failbin even mentioned the play vs. the Bills last year as a reason why he chose to run it on third and 8 when he knew damn well we needed to get 1st downs and kill the clock. Tannehill completely limits what our offense is capable of. The odd thing is that Failbin seems to realize this and yet he refuses to bench Hennehill. It is baffling.

This is not the first time that Failbin has taken the conservative route this season because he feared what the result would be if he put the ball in Tannehill's hands. In the Bills game this year, we sat on the ball going into halftime as opposed to attacking and trying to get points. If the HC does not trust his QB, why continue to play him?
Thats BS.... so you trust him throwing on 2nd down and you dont on third down?? Doesnt make any sense, maybe he didnt t trust his own ****ing capacity to understand clock management, or that there were 2 free rushers on the previous play, who the **** knows... but all of that is moot since he should`ve had a plan for the drive to begin with... You either commit to run out the clock at any cost, or to gain the first down at any cost.... he flip flopped just like you do on a regular basis and ended up looking like a clueless SOB, justy like you do, on a regular basis...

Perhaps Philbin is in a no win situation. Tannehill has been too inconsistent to earn Philbin's trust. So while it looks bad to change direction mid-series, I can empathize with him to some degree if he abruptly decided to run, punt and play defense. Now if the punt weren't so poorly executed perhaps the outcome would've been different.

The counterargument is that if Philbin doesn't trust Tannehill to execute two pass plays without error, then he should've just instructed Lazor to run the ball three times. That is certainly valid criticism as switching course midstream has the worst optics.

Perhaps Philbin is in a no win situation. Tannehill has been too inconsistent to earn Philbin's trust. So while it looks bad to change direction mid-series, I can empathize with him to some degree if he abruptly decided to run, punt and play defense. Now if the punt weren't so poorly executed perhaps the outcome would've been different.

The counterargument is that if Philbin doesn't trust Tannehill to execute two pass plays without error, then he should've just instructed Lazor to run the ball three times. That is certainly valid criticism as switching course midstream has the worst optics.
So Philbin doesnt trust Tannehill, but proceeds to pass the ball twice as much as running it on gameday... yeah that makes sense...

The 1st half rushing statistics dictated a change in the game plan. The two 1st half interceptions and inability of the OL to protect Tannehill on the 2nd down pass play influenced Philbin to run the ball on 3rd down. I just said that the switch from aggressive to conservative looked bad and justly opened himself to deserved criticism.

I don't blame Philbin for not trusting Tannehill in that situation. And that being the case he should've ran the ball three times.

Passing more earlier in the 2nd half was a function of the score and not Philbin's trust in Tannehill. Protecting a 4 point lead late in the game requires a different thought process if the QB play exhibited inconsistentcy.

So Philbin doesnt trust Tannehill, but proceeds to pass the ball twice as much as running it on gameday... yeah that makes sense...

3rd and 8 run was brilliant. Our QB was just 10/11 passes. Not good odds. Kidding of course

Back
Top Bottom