ARMONDO-GATE is back | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

ARMONDO-GATE is back

DOLFANMIKE

NFL'S WINNINGEST TEAM
Club Member
Joined
Feb 16, 2002
Messages
4,791
Reaction score
1,873
Location
SO CAL
There has been alot of discussion on the Miami Media this past week or two so I reposted the link to the thread in Flippers Finest titled "Did Armondo S. Lie?" Seems some Dolfans here are so new they are eating up everything the local beat writers are spewing out and using it as a basis for arguement. Case in point Coles recent article on Saban's limiting of the media.

Its funny seeing some of their reactions to it as they had no idea about Armondo-Gate,......
 

DOLPHAN1

☠️ Banned ☠️
Joined
Sep 11, 2002
Messages
1,671
Reaction score
0
Age
56
Location
Home of the first Night Football Game
as much as i can see both sides to sabans media block, i really think there is a problem with a majority of the miami beat writers. being critical of your teams moves or lack of moves is a fans right. but it is easy to see that some of the writers are not fans and produce a purely negative product. if i read a piece that is critical of the organizations moves but maintains a generally supportive mood, i find no problem with that. being negative just to slam the team is just wrong. i have stopped reading several of the writers and the "herald" altogether for this reason.
 

TerryTate

☠️ Banned ☠️
Joined
May 31, 2003
Messages
7,552
Reaction score
3
Location
Coral Springs
DOLPHAN1 said:
as much as i can see both sides to sabans media block, i really think there is a problem with a majority of the miami beat writers. being critical of your teams moves or lack of moves is a fans right. but it is easy to see that some of the writers are not fans and produce a purely negative product. if i read a piece that is critical of the organizations moves but maintains a generally supportive mood, i find no problem with that. being negative just to slam the team is just wrong. i have stopped reading several of the writers and the "herald" altogether for this reason.

As a future member of the media i definitely understand their frustrations. I just dont like the herald because they are a sh!tty paper across the board and tehir coverage from local to sports is garbage. Armundo being a lying jackass didnt help either.
 

DOLPHAN1

☠️ Banned ☠️
Joined
Sep 11, 2002
Messages
1,671
Reaction score
0
Age
56
Location
Home of the first Night Football Game
all things considered, i agree with sabans decision to shut down the media for the short term. especially given the current media climate. saban needs time to get control of his new project. i don't believe this will be a long term situation and he will eventually begin to allow certain members of the media back in. this is similar to what president regan did to the press corp. when he first took over in '80. carter allowed the press to run rampant during his press conferences and reagan straightend that right out.

now, if saban continues this long term then i think he is in the wrong. to another point i was trying to make, i wasn't trying to imply that the press needed to be fans of the team. they just need to report honestly and support the local sports organization/s. i just get the impression that the current sports staff at the herald are just trying to make a name for themselves nationally and are using the 'phins as their devise to do so.
 

DOLFANMIKE

NFL'S WINNINGEST TEAM
Club Member
Joined
Feb 16, 2002
Messages
4,791
Reaction score
1,873
Location
SO CAL
DOLPHAN1 said:
as much as i can see both sides to sabans media block, i really think there is a problem with a majority of the miami beat writers. being critical of your teams moves or lack of moves is a fans right. but it is easy to see that some of the writers are not fans and produce a purely negative product. if i read a piece that is critical of the organizations moves but maintains a generally supportive mood, i find no problem with that. being negative just to slam the team is just wrong. i have stopped reading several of the writers and the "herald" altogether for this reason.
All Good points! I agree.

I think what makes it worse is Armondo's public statements and actions. His attitude when confronted doesnt help either. It all comes off as immature and as if he has a grudge.
 

ckparrothead

Premium Member
Joined
May 24, 2002
Messages
52,551
Reaction score
7,092
Location
Tampa, FL
I just find it funny that certain media personalities are taking heavy offense to the restrictions and are often throwing hissy fits about it, while the common reader and internet surfer has suffered no real loss of intrigue or entertainment, as of yet.

It would be one thing if all these fans are getting up in arms saying oh my god there's never ANYTHING about the Dolphins anymore because Nick Satan is clamping everything down! But, I hardly see anyone think that.

Ethan Skolnick, who has been in the past a pretty cool guy especially in email correspondence with me and some others around here, is as guilty as anyone and it is really ticking me off because I know he is better than this. He and some other Miami media have become downright petty at times. Eventually, we're just all going to stop reading the editorials because we have our own opinions and what we crave is information, rather than the whinings of a petulent child.
 

DOLPHAN1

☠️ Banned ☠️
Joined
Sep 11, 2002
Messages
1,671
Reaction score
0
Age
56
Location
Home of the first Night Football Game
DOLFANMIKE said:
All Good points! I agree.

I think what makes it worse is Armondo's public statements and actions. His attitude when confronted doesnt help either. It all comes off as immature and as if he has a grudge.


i think that the fact that some of these guys like armondo and "la*******" are getting a shot on the national front has alot to do with their whinning. they have no more than the next guy to report when ESPu come calling...lol
 

DOLPHAN1

☠️ Banned ☠️
Joined
Sep 11, 2002
Messages
1,671
Reaction score
0
Age
56
Location
Home of the first Night Football Game
DOLPHAN1 said:
i think that the fact that some of these guys like armondo and "la*******" are getting a shot on the national front has alot to do with their whinning. they have no more than the next guy to report when ESPu come calling...lol


WOW! automatic censorship. interesting.
 

Disnardo

Premium Member
Joined
Oct 6, 2003
Messages
3,829
Reaction score
0
Age
61
Location
Miami
DOLFANMIKE said:
All Good points! I agree.

I think what makes it worse is Armondo's public statements and actions. His attitude when confronted doesnt help either. It all comes off as immature and as if he has a grudge.
Even though I don't agree with these Miami media reporters, by what seems like, reporting or story-telling, they are trying to do their jobs. Mind you, their job just got tougher, since DW is gone, for most of these reports they are making up stuff and not asking questions that we the fans want answers to.

I think where we loose focus in understanding guys like Armando and others is that they are NOT fans of the Miami Dolphins, Armando stated that in one of his e-mail replies last year. Yeah, Armando is the Dolphin's beat reporter but has no "fan affiliation" to the team, he is a Broncos' fan.

Is he or others a class act? Cole, at least fessed up to the incident, but that does not mean he is a fan of the team.

There must be a few reporters that are big fans of the teams that they report on, but face it, here in South FL, odds are that the reporters are not fans of the home team and it shows in their work...
 

DOLFANMIKE

NFL'S WINNINGEST TEAM
Club Member
Joined
Feb 16, 2002
Messages
4,791
Reaction score
1,873
Location
SO CAL
DOLPHAN1 said:
i think that the fact that some of these guys like armondo and "la*******" are getting a shot on the national front has alot to do with their whinning. they have no more than the next guy to report when ESPu come calling...lol
Exactly. Saban is getting a two for one by closing the doors. ESPN hates us as well, so by not letting their cronies have info it shuts them down as well.
 

DrAstroZoom

Bon vivant
Joined
Aug 16, 2002
Messages
10,023
Reaction score
2
Age
52
Location
Illinois
DOLPHAN1 said:
now, if saban continues this long term then i think he is in the wrong.

It seems like I saw a quote recently that suggested Saban intends to loosen his grip on media control as time progresses. I think he's just whipping the organization into shape until everyone gets on the same page. At that point, you'll see a little more candor creep in by degrees.
 

DOLFANMIKE

NFL'S WINNINGEST TEAM
Club Member
Joined
Feb 16, 2002
Messages
4,791
Reaction score
1,873
Location
SO CAL
Disnardo said:
Even though I don't agree with these Miami media reporters, by what seems like, reporting or story-telling, they are trying to do their jobs. Mind you, their job just got tougher, since DW is gone, for most of these reports they are making up stuff and not asking questions that we the fans want answers to.

I think where we loose focus in understanding guys like Armando and others is that they are NOT fans of the Miami Dolphins, Armando stated that in one of his e-mail replies last year. Yeah, Armando is the Dolphin's beat reporter but has no "fan affiliation" to the team, he is a Broncos' fan.

Is he or others a class act? Cole, at least fessed up to the incident, but that does not mean he is a fan of the team.

There must be a few reporters that are big fans of the teams that they report on, but face it, here in South FL, odds are that the reporters are not fans of the home team and it shows in their work...
I dont care if these guys are fans or not. I dont care if they write both positive and negative. That's all good. But when they are out in public cheering against the team and making comments that show enjoyment when we fall short, thats unprofessional. I also think when they use their articles to cause problems for the team that its also unprofessional. Report news, dont make news. These goons are and have been on the warpath.
 

P4E

Cogito, Ergo FinFanum
Joined
Oct 20, 2002
Messages
4,090
Reaction score
5
Location
With the Cheerleaders in the Premie Forum
ckparrothead said:
I just find it funny that certain media personalities are taking heavy offense to the restrictions and are often throwing hissy fits about it, while the common reader and internet surfer has suffered no real loss of intrigue or entertainment, as of yet.

It would be one thing if all these fans are getting up in arms saying oh my god there's never ANYTHING about the Dolphins anymore because Nick Satan is clamping everything down! But, I hardly see anyone think that.

Ethan Skolnick, who has been in the past a pretty cool guy especially in email correspondence with me and some others around here, is as guilty as anyone and it is really ticking me off because I know he is better than this. He and some other Miami media have become downright petty at times. Eventually, we're just all going to stop reading the editorials because we have our own opinions and what we crave is information, rather than the whinings of a petulent child.

I'm not too troubled about Ethan's expressing some dissatisfaction with how Saban fulfills the discretionary responsibilities that are a part of his job. Heck, -- I've seen people equate others with the despicable, vile, genocidal NAZIs over matters of much less consequence. But it's good for us to be on the lookout for petulant moments on the parts of people we otherwise like and might even exchange e-mails with. Thanks for the reminder.:)
 

DOLPHAN1

☠️ Banned ☠️
Joined
Sep 11, 2002
Messages
1,671
Reaction score
0
Age
56
Location
Home of the first Night Football Game
DrAstroZoom said:
It seems like I saw a quote recently that suggested Saban intends to loosen his grip on media control as time progresses. I think he's just whipping the organization into shape until everyone gets on the same page. At that point, you'll see a little more candor creep in by degrees.


i cant imagine saban wanting to completely shut everyone out and i'm sure h.wayne might have a say there...keeping his team in the public eye in a positive way. i totally agree with his current actions. these guys are out of control, reporting things that should not be reported and generally attacking the team. by next season i'm sure saban will have his favorites and the writers will come to terms with saban and be allowed back in on a limited basis.
 

Penthos

Am I on speaker phone?
Joined
Sep 11, 2002
Messages
4,894
Reaction score
318
Location
Orlando
Just win Baby! I don't care if a player doesn't say another word to a reporter for the rest of the season. To the best of my recollection, nothing good has ever come of one of our players talking to a reporter anyway. So less the personal interviews, what do these sports wrtier peopl have to offer us other than opinion. Its well known that many of the "reporters" from this very board are often just as accurate and, at the very least, just as insightful as most of the sports "journalists" we put up with today.
 
Top Bottom