Armstead a True Leader | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Armstead a True Leader

dolfan91

Class Clown
Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
Check out this story from The Palm Beach Post: Armstead feeds fellow Dolphins offensive linemen's stomachs, minds

Miami's offensive line has greatly improved since Terron Armstead, a three-time Pro Bowler, signed this offseason after spending years in New Orleans.

Just a fantastic article.

There were many reason Armstead was worth signing.

Some chose or still choose to worry about the injury aspect.

He does so much more for the team then just play on Sundays and lock down the left side.

Even if injured, he was worth every penny. We actually got a bargain from what everyone was projecting.

He has forgotten more about playing tackle then the whole offensive coaching staff last year knows. Including Flores.

He's a leader, elite tackle coach and mentor.

Worth every penny

He does so much more for the team then just play on Sundays and lock down the left side.

Even if injured, he was worth every penny. We actually got a bargain from what everyone was projecting.

He has forgotten more about playing tackle then the whole offensive coaching staff last year knows. Including Flores.

Worth every penny

Couldn't agree more. His leadership alone is invaluable. He has made everyone on that line better.

Worth every penny
If he stays reasonably healthy the next couple years and retires a Fin (depending how long he plans on playing) he’d be the type of guy to try to keep in the building as a coach, imo.

I was excited as anyone when we traded for Hill and I certainly wouldn't argue with anyone believing he was our biggest off-season acquisition, but I said at the time that Armstead might be even bigger. My reasoning was the teaching angle and my belief in the importance of the OL. I thought Armstead could help develop the talent I felt was already there on the OL. I felt that having that balance in the offense would be the biggest factor in unlocking this offense.

But Hill has actually been better than I expected. Not so much on the field, but the leadership and energy he brought to practice and the way he worked with McD to support Tua. And, of course, the synergy that was created by having Waddle and Hill on the field was everything I could have hoped for.

So I can't say which player had a bigger impact, but given that some people are putting Hill on the MVP candidate list, the fact that it's close speaks to how huge Armstead's impact has been.

Well we should hire him for o line coach then because who knows what the eff those mfers were doing?? But they sure weren't coaching!!

Back
Top Bottom