Armstead (and Chubb) - Game-time Decisions | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Armstead (and Chubb) - Game-time Decisions

Armstead is definitely not retiring based off a FH hot take.

I mean, if I only had to play 1/2 a season at full strength and limp through the rest but get full pay, I wouldn’t stop either :)

Chubb signing was not bad at the time - I mean, he was overpaid relative to his production, but they made a Von Millet type move which looked good at the time.

Moreover, Chubb hasn’t been terrible by any stretch and the rest of our DL has looked notably better since we acquired him. He put up more production in his first 2 weeks than Ogbah did in the 6-7 games he “played” in.

Getting Ogbah to actually contribute ANYTHING next year will be a big difference.

What a disaster him and Byron Jones were. Our 2nd and 3rd highest paid defenders did ZERO.
I'm sorry but I don't know what you've been watching but I've watched Chubb religiously and he is awful. He has no "moves", no finesse, no power.. he's just another guy out there. We gave up a 1st round pick for "just another guy"

I'm sorry but I don't know what you've been watching but I've watched Chubb religiously and he is awful. He has no "moves", no finesse, no power.. he's just another guy out there. We gave up a 1st round pick for "just another guy"
Probably watching the same games as you are... he hasn't been particularly good... but the facts are the facts, and the rest of the DL has definitely delivered more sacks since he's joined. And he's gotten a few for himself while at it. He's definitely better than "just another guy" but absolutely underperforming the compensation of 1st round pick + contract he's getting. Overall, it has amounted to a below average move with our 20-20 hindsight. Hopefully he's part of the solution of a rebound for the next two weeks and we get into the playoffs and make some noise... not likely, but I've seen worse teams go on runs.

Probably watching the same games as you are... he hasn't been particularly good... but the facts are the facts, and the rest of the DL has definitely delivered more sacks since he's joined. And he's gotten a few for himself while at it. He's definitely better than "just another guy" but absolutely underperforming the compensation of 1st round pick + contract he's getting. Overall, it has amounted to a below average move with our 20-20 hindsight. Hopefully he's part of the solution of a rebound for the next two weeks and we get into the playoffs and make some noise... not likely, but I've seen worse teams go on runs.
Solid take

My goodness, Armstead is ridiculously fragile but he's trying. He's literally falling apart with toe, pectoral, knee, and hip issues.

I think he hangs it up after this year, dude is always hurt. Sucks because he's been our best LT in years. Without him, our OL has been atrocious.

Activate Eric Fisher Sunday and hope for the best?

Chubbs, honestly, I don't care. He sucks and Grier made a horrific trade. Wilkins, Phillips, Sieler, and Davis are the only front 7 players that matter.

Why would you have Armstead retiring? You think he’s going to walk away from his big contract?
Also, have you noticed the “coincidence” that Phillips looks like an all pro ever since we traded for Chubb?

Didn't see it elsewhere here but X now has a knee injury to go with the groin and didn't practice today.

No armstead or fisher, good luck ! Finheaven officially will be on defcon 9 after sundays game.

Chubb's lack of production is that he pulls the same finesse move trying to bend past the OLmen and always over pursues and ends up chasing the QB from behind who steps up to avoid him long enough to get a pass off. He's been very close to having 3-5 more sacks and some would've been strips, just finish the damn play and get the QB on the ground.

And Boyer, maybe try a stunt? Move Chubb around a bit? Maybe play some press coverage to give the rushers some extra time to readh the QB? Or just keep giving WRs 10yard cushions on 3rd and 2. Chubb has had success with such plays in the past. Boyer is part of the problem as well.

Good post!

I have to agree, that while Chubb's performance hasn't been as impactful as we hoped when looking at his personal numbers, there is a strong argument to be made that since his presence on the field started, Phillips, Wilkins and Seiler have all seen much better production and success. Also to your point, these next two weeks would be an excellent time for Chubb to step up personally and make us all proud!

How in the hell can anyone truly evaluate Chubb's overall performance with the lack of creativity in the way Boyer has used him? I'm not ready to throw the towel in on the kid just yet that's for sure. Coaching has absolutely been a problem on many levels at times this year, I'll give McD the benefit of the doubt being a rookie head coach. People need to be held accountable for regression, when we deserve to at least see improvement regardless of all the injuries the team has endured. But I'm not a knee jerk guy so I'll sit back and evaluate everything as a whole after the season plays out.

How in the hell can anyone truly evaluate Chubb's overall performance with the lack of creativity in the way Boyer has used him? I'm not ready to throw the towel in on the kid just yet that's for sure. Coaching has absolutely been a problem on many levels at times this year, I'll give McD the benefit of the doubt being a rookie head coach. People need to be held accountable for regression, when we deserve to at least see improvement regardless of all the injuries the team has endured. But I'm not a knee jerk guy so I'll sit back and evaluate everything as a whole after the season plays out.
Because all these fools don’t see him move as fast as he does on their Madden football graphics

Back
Top Bottom