Armstead expects to return | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Armstead expects to return

I like Barton alot....honestly it seems like EVERYBODY likes him. Teammates, coaches, scouts etc.
Yep. Love him. May not be the sexy pick with Tackle upside, but I think he is as safe an OL pick there is. Plug and play guy day one on the IOL.

Rams are releasing C Brian Allen, note worthy only because this might put them in the conversation for a Center early in the draft, after taking OG Steve Avilla with the 36th (their highest) pick last year.

Coleman Shelton, an UDFA who's 28 and set to make 2M next year, is the only C I see on their roster.

I'm 100% all-in on drafting a Tackle no later than the second round.
Forcing linemen to play immediately... and NEEDING them to start from day one-- that just isn't smart football.

Draft a Tackle in this, the year of the deep Tackle draft... and let him get some work for a year before you write his name on the lineup card in pen.

Forcing linemen to play immediately... and NEEDING them to start from day one-- that just isn't smart football.

Draft a Tackle in this, the year of the deep Tackle draft... and let him get some work for a year before you write his name on the lineup card in pen.

Exactly. If...if...they are good enough to start from day 1, then more power to us...but forcing it because you waited until the last second (which is what we usually do) to find a replacement isn't smart.

Which is what a good GM with a plan and foresight would do. Grier can’t afford to select someone in the first or second round in the hopes of developing him.

We have too many holes to be able to do that, unfortunately.

If ever he needed immediate contributors, it’s now.

Back
Top Bottom