Armstead goes down with Pectoral injury | Page 21 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Armstead goes down with Pectoral injury

The sad part is both Little and Shell have played above Average at RT. However both have played at a 3rd grade level at LT, so assuming Jackson is out more time, LT is scary.
Shell I would say has been okay at RT. Little....is horrible everywhere.

just guessing but I assume they’re gonna keep him out for the 3 game road trip and go from there.

Curious your thoughts now that more info has come out on the injury??
For a Grade 2 Pectoral Strain the muscle fiber tears/stretching are partial but the severity can vary quite a bit. 5-50% of fibers are involved. The presence of significant pain and inflammation restrict range of motion. So once the injury is healed enough for TA to be able to block where he can handle the pain and move as he needs to, a harness may be used to try and prevent reinjury in this case.

A harness wouldn't get him on the field faster. The less muscle fibers involved, the faster he sees the field. I'd say 2-4 weeks.

Do you think the injury could prevent TA from practicing? I kid, I kid.
If his name is actually Terron "Stretch" Armstrong, he's prolly practicing right now.

He did stonewall Hutchinson with one arm...

I don't see the OL playing as poorly as the 2nd half versus the Texans. We are usually in 21 formation, so keep Gesicki on the sideline and keep a TE that can actually block glued to the LT.

Last edited:
I know Mikey wants to beat his former team, but the 49ers are an NFC team. The real important game is the Chargers. A lot of those in the hunt teams are 6-5. Haven't done the playoffs predictor thing, but if we lose 2 straight, is it possible that at 8-5 we could be outside the playoffs? Regardless, that Charger game is way, way more important than SF.

As much as I want him to play and we need him, we don't need a torn pec season ender because he tries to rush back.
This is true. We can rest him for this week and maybe next week and have him in January when we really need him. OR we can rush him back and have him out for the season by the third quarter...

If we drop a game it's better to an NFC opponent. Gotta beat two out of the Chargers, Bills, Pats and Jets, beat three of them and we are assured a playoff spot, beat two and it's almost a guarantee. 9'ers and Pack are nice to win but not a must win.

I was looking for the latest news, I guess this is it. He had a similar injury in 2018 and missed more than 4 weeks.

The Dolphins won’t have left tackle Terron Armstead for Sunday’s game against the 49ers, but they do expect him to return this season.
Armstead has a Grade 2 pectoral strain, which is a partial tear, NFL Network reports.
Dolphins coach Mike McDaniel expressed confidence that Armstead will play again this season based on current information. But the Dolphins still are uncertain about how much time Armstead will miss, which will determine whether the Pro Bowler lands on injured reserve.

Back
Top Bottom