Armstead not ruled out for Sunday | Page 11 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Armstead not ruled out for Sunday

And then you have Jones who will not play until he feels right.

Some play for their next big payday and some play for their team, and fans.

Give Jones the benefit of the doubt. My wife said getting cramps is the worst. You and I don’t know the plight of those with vaginas.

You’d think he’d at least be available for 3 out of every 4 games.

This isn't like Bills bubble wrapping Von Miller. Miller missing isn't going to get Allen injured.
Armstead missing this game could get Tua nailed. This is difficult. The lack of depth once again and O-Line once again is the achilles on this team.

McCaffery is on my fantasy team. This from Yahoo Fantasy Football.

McCaffrey (knee) doesn't have an injury designation for Sunday's game against the Dolphins, Jennifer Lee Chan of NBC Sports Bay Area reports.

Advice: An irritated knee won't stop McCaffrey from playing, while fellow 49ers back Elijah Mitchell is out with a far more serious knee injury and in danger of missing the rest of the season. With rookies Jordan Mason and Tyrion Davis-Price the only RBs behind him on the depth chart -- unless Tevin Coleman is called up from the practice squad -- McCaffrey could be headed for a huge workload Sunday as long as his knee holds up. Fellow dual threat Deebo Samuel is questionable with a deep quad bruise and could come down to a game-time decision.

(Rotowire.com)

This isn't like Bills bubble wrapping Von Miller. Miller missing isn't going to get Allen injured.
Armstead missing this game could get Tua nailed. This is difficult. The lack of depth once again and O-Line once again is the achilles on this team.
The first thing they should have done after signing Armstead was to sign a capable replacement for when Armstead gets hurt. Tua is lucky he wasn't broken in two on that one sack by Houston. IMO, there's something seriously wrong when the o-line's performance drops off that much just because one guy is out... even if it is your best lineman.

I hope they addressed the deteriorating offensive line play with Armstead out this week.

If NE would have won last night, Miami could probably afford to lose this game, now with Buffalo winning, Miami needs this game....unless they don't care about the division and are ok with a wildcard.
Miami needs that #1 Seed if they make the playoffs, because their defense gives up more points per game on the road (32.8) than they do at home (15.33). So, they need to win out and hope KC loses a game.

Of course, if they can't find a replacement for Armstead, then their chances of winning out are shot.

Last edited:
Miami needs that #1 Seed if they make the playoffs, because their defense gives up more points per game on the road (32.8) than they do at home (15.33). So, they need to win out and hope KC loses a game.

Of course, if they can't find a replacement for Armstead, then their chances of winning out are shot.

I think those numbers might be a little skewed because of the Jets game and their “40” points. Bears also scored a lot of points on us and I am not sure that had anything to do with the location.

Tua played pretty well in Buffalo last year without Tyreek.

No one wants to play Tua at home but no one really wants to play Tua in their building either.

If we play KC, the location won’t matter as much as stopping Travis Kielce.

We want to play at home for the same reasons everybody else wants to play at home. Didn’t stop the Bengals from going to the Super Bowl who won at Tennessee and Kansas City.

I think those numbers might be a little skewed because of the Jets game and their “40” points. Bears also scored a lot of points on us and I am not sure that had anything to do with the location.
No, that 40 points by the Jets was the most, but didn't really skew the average. They gave up 38, 27, 40, 27, and 32 points in their road games. Yet at home they gave up just 7, 19, 24, 10, 17, and 15. It's weird; the most they've given up at home is 24 points, but on the road the least they've given up is 27. That's really odd... not once did Miami's defense give up less points to an opponent on the road than in ANY game at home. Statistically, that seems like it should be improbable, but that's what it is! Miami actually has a home field advantage that is proven by the stats. But, this advantage is ONLY when Tua plays, because the game where they gave up the most points at home was when they loss to the Vikings without Tua and gave up 24 points. When Tua is playing and they're at home, the defense has never given up more than 19 points in a game, but when Tua plays on the road, the defense gives up 27 or more points. IOW, Miami's best defense is Tua playing at Hard Rock Stadium. This is why they NEED that #1 Seed!

Back
Top Bottom