Armstead out Indefinitely... | Page 18 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Armstead out Indefinitely...

I think a team of the top trainers and doctors know what they're doing. Sometimes people just have worse injury luck then other. Maybe I'm just more accepting of variance because of too much time at the poker tables, lol

We’ll see! He’s been having worst luck for awhile it seems.

What does your variance say about that?

Is it still variance within the norm or is something else at play?

Last edited:
There's no way to get rid of the dead cap from the signing bonus or restructures on the cap. Even if Armstead is found with a gas mask full of weed or is the Zodiac killer.
You can renegotiate prorated signing bonuses, only can reduce cap hit by base salary or hypothetically remove the guaranteed 5mil in salary for 2024, but the prorated bonuses on the cap will stay/accelerate onto the cap once he's cut depending on if it's a pre/ post June 1st transaction

Ross doesn't pay the remaining prorated signing bonus as it's been already paid, so in essence, taking the dead cap is the "billionaire" way of saying the team is spending to the cap ceiling without having to actually pay that salary for that current year.
Okay, to be honest, I have no interest whatsoever in all of this salary cap and contract stuff; it's all just legal nonsense to me. When it comes to the financial aspects of the game, the only thing I know is that teams charge outrageous prices for tickets and concessions, and players want way too much money for playing a game.

Back
Top Bottom