Armstead out Indefinitely... | Page 17 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Armstead out Indefinitely...

I mean, a lot of folks have been calling for him to be put in bubblewrap until the playoffs. To me, this seems to be what the team is doing. If so, I'm okay with that.

It's going to be very interesting what they do with him in the offseason.

I really hope they go the opposite of the maintenance plan where he barely practices.

Think he needs to do the opposite and train his body more...not less.

I would mind them rotating him out every other series. When we get a comfortable lead, make him sit.

Hopefully some kind of non football injury could occur so we could put him on NFI and get out of this contract....

We need to force his retirement…..it’s clear he can no longer play in this league for more than 6-8 games a year.

Dude needs to retire or take an injury settlement.
Owners are billionaires, and IMO, billionaires don't become billionaires by always following the rules, adhering to high moral and ethical standards, and always doing what's best for humanity, no matter the cost.

IOW, billionaires know how to get things done, and being a New York guy, I'm sure that Ross "knows a guy who knows a guy", so there are probably plenty of options available to rid the team of Armstead and his contract. Personally, I think that Armstead should consider doing what's best for the team by renegotiating his contract to say that he will retire at the end of this season with no future salary cap hits, and walk away with a nice severance check. If Armstead doesn't want to retire, then maybe "Big Tony" and the boys can have a word with him. :chuckle:

Owners are billionaires, and IMO, billionaires don't become billionaires by always following the rules, adhering to high moral and ethical standards, and always doing what's best for humanity, no matter the cost.

IOW, billionaires know how to get things done, and being a New York guy, I'm sure that Ross "knows a guy who knows a guy", so there are probably plenty of options available to rid the team of Armstead and his contract. Personally, I think that Armstead should consider doing what's best for the team by renegotiating his contract to say that he will retire at the end of this season with no future salary cap hits, and walk away with a nice severance check. If Armstead doesn't want to retire, then maybe "Big Tony" and the boys can have a word with him. :chuckle:
It doesn't work that way. You can "know a guy who knows a guy" but if you get caught by the NFL you forfeit money and draft picks plus the NFLPA is up your asshole with lawsuits, not to mention the other owners can vote you off the island.

Now if Ross wants to make Armstead into "Big Tony" and send him around to collect other vested interests and kill two birds with one stone, absolutely 🤣

There's no way to get rid of the dead cap from the signing bonus or restructures on the cap. Even if Armstead is found with a gas mask full of weed or is the Zodiac killer.
You can renegotiate prorated signing bonuses, only can reduce cap hit by base salary or hypothetically remove the guaranteed 5mil in salary for 2024, but the prorated bonuses on the cap will stay/accelerate onto the cap once he's cut depending on if it's a pre/ post June 1st transaction

Ross doesn't pay the remaining prorated signing bonus as it's been already paid, so in essence, taking the dead cap is the "billionaire" way of saying the team is spending to the cap ceiling without having to actually pay that salary for that current year.

This has gone on way longer than it should have......some people live in a fantasy world I guess.......unless Armstead wants to retire now, we're stuck with his contract till 2025.........trying to get rid of him in 2024, the dead money would be higher than the savings.

And restructuring his contract would be real dumb as it'd make it even harder to get rid of him. Give up people. We're stuck with him till we're not.

This has gone on way longer than it should have......some people live in a fantasy world I guess.......unless Armstead wants to retire now, we're stuck with his contract till 2025.........trying to get rid of him in 2024, the dead money would be higher than the savings.

And restructuring his contract would be real dumb as it'd make it even harder to get rid of him. Give up people. We're stuck with him till we're not.

Yeah, not sure what we can really do except offer an injury settlement and he retires, only to be hired by our coaching staff since hes an INCREDIBLE asset to younger lineman.

It's going to be very interesting what they do with him in the offseason.

I really hope they go the opposite of the maintenance plan where he barely practices.

Think he needs to do the opposite and train his body more...not less.
I think a team of the top trainers and doctors know what they're doing. Sometimes people just have worse injury luck then other. Maybe I'm just more accepting of variance because of too much time at the poker tables, lol

Back
Top Bottom