Armstead out Indefinitely... | Page 15 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Armstead out Indefinitely...

It's not like he was going to play a full season, in his career he's never played a full season, 10 freakin years and he's never got it right! 57 games missed and counting.
Doesn't practice when bubble boy is ''healthy'' Why our coach coddles TA is beyond me.

He's a terrible example for the rest of the OLine and team in general. I've never seen a player as delicate as TA in over 54 years watching football. I honestly don't care if he ever returns.The sooner he gets on I95 and heads north for good is fine by me

Seems like a standup guy with a great reputation.

I’d be shocked if he was making it up.

But I seriously doubt it.

Like why? What’s the benefit? The teams a winner, knocking on the door of another playoff berth et.
The worst part is that he doesn’t practice a lot and that has to affect the rest of the OL mentality.

The worst part is that he doesn’t practice a lot and that has to affect the rest of the OL mentality.

We’ve been so lucky to have the backup that’s played more than adequate all the times Armstead has missed and the OL coach has to be the biggest get of the season.

It's not like he was going to play a full season, in his career he's never played a full season, 10 freakin years and he's never got it right! 57 games missed and counting.
Doesn't practice when bubble boy is ''healthy'' Why our coach coddles TA is beyond me.

He's a terrible example for the rest of the OLine and team in general. I've never seen a player as delicate as TA in over 54 years watching football. I honestly don't care if he ever returns.The sooner he gets on I95 and heads north for good is fine by me
Yeah yeah, sure, who gives a ****. More importantly, who’s the hottie

We need to force his retirement…..it’s clear he can no longer play in this league for more than 6-8 games a year.

What a wimp. I thought he was already on season ending IR for ingrown butt hair.

I'm thinking $3.5 mil hit post June 1 is not a big deal, that is doable in '24.
It’s 11.3 million hit post June 1st and another 12 million next year. Saves 9 million, rather keep him for 7-10 games and playoffs than save 9 million. Not worth it.

I don’t see a scenario where he isn’t on the team next year.

Best scenario would be he comes to the conclusion he’s old and next year is his last season. We take the 24 million he’s owed in guaranteed and he plays his last season for 14 million fully guaranteed with the next two seasons at 5 million each with him retiring at the end of the season. Miami would eat the 10 million over 25 and 26 seasons while saving about the same as we would cutting him next year.

We need to force his retirement…..it’s clear he can no longer play in this league for more than 6-8 games a year.

Would be the absolute worst thing for Miamis cap.

We need Armstrong in Dec and January as passing D's improve Tua's going to need that fraction of a second longer to go through read progression.

2022, Fins were 8-6 with Armstead (w WC playoff), 1-3 without.

2023, Fins are 3-2 with Armstead, 5-1 without.

In total, we are 9-8 with Armstead and 6-4 without.

Great player but he’s a rotational piece instead of cornerstone imo.

I remember during the last game, the TV showed a replay and TA was just standing around. Not a good look.

Back
Top Bottom