Armstead out Indefinitely... | Page 14 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Armstead out Indefinitely...

Dead money with a post june cut after this season would be dead money of 11M with 9M in cap savings

Dead cap is spread over 2 years with a post june cut. 9M in savings.
Yes, but dead money is dead money. Spreading it over two years can be advantageous, but it doesn't disappear.

Just because you can split it into two hits doesn't make it hugely more palatable to me. Some ppl make it out like it makes it a non issue. In the long view it is still an issue.

Yes, but dead money is dead money. Spreading it over two years can be advantageous, but it doesn't disappear.

Just because you can split it into two hits doesn't make it hugely more palatable to me. Some ppl make it out like it makes it a non issue. In the long view, it isn't.
sure it's not ideal but note that the cap increases every year so that helps.

Also note that cutting him next year will save the owner 8m of his actual dollars. cutting him in 2024 is 24 in dead cap. cutting him in 2025, you're going to pay him 20m in 2024 and dead cap of 13m in 2025 when he's cut.

Im not saying this is the best thing in the world. I am saying there is a very strong possibility he is cut this offseason.

In my opinion, most likely he restructures and eventually retires here.

sure it's not ideal but note that the cap increases every year so that helps.

Also note that cutting him next year will save the owner 8m of his actual dollars. cutting him in 2024 is 24 in dead cap. cutting him in 2025, you're going to pay him 20m in 2024 and dead cap of 13m in 2025 when he's cut.

Im not saying this is the best thing in the world. I am saying there is a very strong possibility he is cut this offseason.

In my opinion, most likely he restructures and eventually retires here.
I would not restructure under any circumstances of it involves more guaranteed money, which would be the only way it would make sense from the player's POV.

The owner writing a check is totally irrelevant under the salary cap structure. He spends basically the same amount, regardless of how it is divided.

What matters is what makes sense from a overall team standpoint. You can't spend dead money.

The question then becomes is Armstead worth the risk at 9m, because that is what you actually gain by cutting him post June 1.

Like you, I don't know. One can see both arguments here.

Armstead out “indefinitely” is so comical at this point it reminds me of this :

(Start at the 1:00 mark if you don’t know the movie / show).

I said a while ago shut him down allow him to gain strength in the gym til the playoffs start, but the dolphins didn’t listen :)

He’s overweight now as well imo

I would not restructure under any circumstances of it involves more guaranteed money, which would be the only way it would make sense from the player's POV.

The owner writing a check is totally irrelevant under the salary cap structure. He spends basically the same amount, regardless of how it is divided.

What matters is what makes sense from a overall team standpoint. You can't spend dead money.

The question then becomes is Armstead worth the risk at 9m, because that is what you actually gain by cutting him post June 1.

Like you, I don't know. One can see both arguments here.
I didnt mean the usual restructure. I meant it in the way Cedrick Wilson redid his contract and took less money.

I didnt mean the usual restructure. I meant it in the way Cedrick Wilson redid his contract and took less money.
I think in that case, it was in CWs best interests to do it. He didn't really take less money. He just agreed to move part of it to a void year (IIRC) because he preferred to remain on the team this year.

Armstead will likely be done with his career after his time here. Not saying it couldn't happen, but I wouldn't hold my breath.

Yes -- in New Orleans the eight seasons he was the starter he missed 2, 3, 9, 6, 6, 1, 2, and 8 games. Average missing 4.6 games per year. So far he missed 4 games last year and 6 games this year with likely more to come, so even by expected games missed, it's been more than the Dolphins expected. My concern is that as he get older, the injuries pile up and he misses even more. Also concerned that even when he starts, quite often gets injured during the game and has to exit. Think 2 of the 5 games he's played in this year he had to exit. The emergence of Jackson and Lamm being capable when he's played has helped out.
He’s truly made a **** ton of money in the NFL without ever showing up on time if you know what I mean. Cmon big fella, get right and give us a 5/6 game run without hurting something. You can start it week 16

Our oline coach can make chicken salad out of chicken sheet.
We need strong young players with attitude that do not get hurt. The coach will mold them.

I’d like to see him get healthy and come back but realistically he won’t get to 100% this year and he will be out within a game or two of coming back.

Should’ve never signed him, he’s too old. You don’t pay 30+yr old tackles 75million.

Back
Top Bottom