Armstead out Indefinitely... | Page 13 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Armstead out Indefinitely...

I am actually starting to wonder if he is milking this crap!

Seems like a standup guy with a great reputation.

I’d be shocked if he was making it up.

But I seriously doubt it.

Like why? What’s the benefit? The teams a winner, knocking on the door of another playoff berth et.

Any outstanding LTs eligible for the '24 Draft?
Hey my twin Bother from another mother, waaas up. I was perusing a couple of draft sites and it seems there are a plethora of of O linemen that will be available in the draft, however, I am beginning question Chris Grier. Since McCoachin has an offence that relies on the run game, one would think that the emphasis would be building a line first, and he did not, but that is why they don't pay me the big bucks. 😜

Also, I remember people saying, "Armstead is a great pickup, if we can get him healthy for at least 10 - games, we would be on the top of the world", well one thing Vaark and I know is probabilities. So if you go high end 12 games means he could be out for one Buffalo, Ravens, Chiefs, Eagles and one playoff game, yup, the problem is, you know he will be out, you just don't know when, and one sack could mean, 1 concussion, and the end of a season, possibly the end of a career, anyway, that's what my Mules told me this morning.

The Ever Throwing Some Oats To The Mules VIPER

It looks like we have found a couple of capable backups in Lamm, Smith,Cotton, RJ, and even Eich, so now we need to draft some good young potential starters. We know that it takes a good long while to master this system so drafting a "starter" at G or T is probably not going to happen given our draft position. I am in favor of drafting OL this draft.

What gives you the "positive" impression that even of he's back for the playoffs he will last more than 1 game??
Because none of these injuries have been season ending and mcdaniel said week to week. Everyone knows he's fragile and everyone knows how important he is to this team so wouldn't surprise me if they are putting him on ice until the final 3 games of the year. It's 100% the right move in my opinion. We don't need him to win the next 3 games. We have that luxury so rest his ass until the Cowboys.

If he's a bit injured come playoffs he will play through it, I'm not worried about that. I'm worried about avoiding a potential season ending injury for him. Let's ice him

We all knew before we signed him that he’s going to miss some games.
Yes -- in New Orleans the eight seasons he was the starter he missed 2, 3, 9, 6, 6, 1, 2, and 8 games. Average missing 4.6 games per year. So far he missed 4 games last year and 6 games this year with likely more to come, so even by expected games missed, it's been more than the Dolphins expected. My concern is that as he get older, the injuries pile up and he misses even more. Also concerned that even when he starts, quite often gets injured during the game and has to exit. Think 2 of the 5 games he's played in this year he had to exit. The emergence of Jackson and Lamm being capable when he's played has helped out.

This is not good news- we are in terrible shape as far as OL depth and health. To my eyes though Lamm was playing better.

we can’t get out of his contract till AFTER the 2024 season......for those who think we should just cut him and take the dead money hit, we're over 23 mill over the cap for 2024 and we have 15 free agents including a bunch of big contributors .......last thing we need is to add more than 11mill on dead money while only saving 9mill so yes, we're stuck with him for yet another year

Hopefully some kind of non football injury could occur so we could put him on NFI and get out of this contract....

I never said he'd be healthy next year but we're not taking a dead money hit that big when we're 23 mill over the cap and have 15 free agents
Dead money with a post june cut after this season would be dead money of 11M with 9M in cap savings

You are not understanding how it works.

In this case it isn't only a 3.5m hit. It is 3.5m + the existing cap number of 20.6m, ending up with just over 24m dead money as shown in that column.

You might ask what's it matter if he can't play and is just taking a roster spot?

Well, you would actually be better off by 3.5 mil to just put him on IR rather than cutting him if that is the goal.

That's why ppl say you are stuck with it next year. There is no viable scenario where it makes financial sense to cut the player.
Dead cap is spread over 2 years with a post june cut. 9M in savings.

Back
Top Bottom