Armstead | Page 8 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Armstead

C’mon, Super Bowl or bust? People here tell me we’re all idiots if we believe that this team had Super Bowl aspirations.
We know they did...they talked about it..."we're not afraid to talk Super Bowl around here" was the quote by Tua (just his latest in a series of stupid quotes).

We really need someone to step up though. Cam Smith or Ethan Boner or anyone really. Ramsey will be 29 next year. Still terrific but we lack guys who can cover on the boundary consistently
Compounded by misses with C. Smith, C Tindall, and H Long. All three could be contributing to three positions of need at a cheap price.
The Grier “miss list” is far more extensive. But this is a good start.

If he does want to retire my guess he'll work with the FO to wait to file paperwork till after June 1st/Dolphins just cut him as a June 1st cut.
Spread that dead cap over 2 years.

He also began getting beat some - at least I thought I saw him being beat cleanly a few times around the edge late in the season. Point is, not sure he can still play at the level he’d expect of himself even if he could stay healthy.

He also began getting beat some - at least I thought I saw him being beat cleanly a few times around the edge late in the season. Point is, not sure he can still play at the level he’d expect of himself even if he could stay healthy.
He looked horrible when he came back, Lamm would have done better.

Armstead was a bad signing, and his contract negotiated by Grier was terrible for the team. To me, it makes no sense that if a guy retires, he still counts against the cap... that's just dumb. And, if that is how the rules work, then Grier should have never given a lengthy contract to an injury-prone player knowing that he might never finish out the contract.

Grier effectively went from cap rich and a plethora of draft picks to…. Cap hell and lack of picks. What a debacle. It’s like he went all in on 2023
Because Stephen Ross made him. Ross doesn't have many years left and desperately wanted a Super Bowl to remove the stink off the horrible ownership pre-2022.

Respect our elders. Encourage this elder to retire and enjoy time with his family and loved ones.

Back
Top Bottom